real time web analytics
Report - - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - March 2019 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whitchurch Hospital, Cardiff - March 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Too late, dogs en all now

Yep. Can confirm that the security appears to now be pretty damn solid after having a look there over the weekend. Motion cameras on poles on the perimeter and high fences bolted together. surround the site. And many exteriors windows are now boarded up even if you get through that somehow. I was just about to go there in 2018 when life stuff happened and I never got round to it. *sigh*

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Yep. Can confirm that the security appears to now be pretty damn solid after having a look there over the weekend. Motion cameras on poles on the perimeter and high fences bolted together. surround the site. And many exteriors windows are now boarded up even if you get through that somehow. I was just about to go there in 2018 when life stuff happened and I never got round to it. *sigh*

The fences and cameras aren’t a new thing.

Place has sailed for now. It’s a trashed empty mess inside

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The fences and cameras aren’t a new thing.

Place has sailed for now. It’s a trashed empty mess inside

Yep indeed. I wasn't keeping up with urbex at all, but a friend and I went out on a random day trip and we ended up having a nose around Whitchurch as we were in the area.
Will just have to enjoy everyone's photos from its brief heyday then.

CatfishCKY

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Gorgeous report, so sad to read after that it has gone to the dogs. Looks like a beautiful site - gutted I missed out!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Yep indeed. I wasn't keeping up with urbex at all, but a friend and I went out on a random day trip and we ended up having a nose around Whitchurch as we were in the area.
Will just have to enjoy everyone's photos from its brief heyday then.

Thats not to say it might not open up again in future but it'll be a totally different experience. Might be a lovely decayed state inside.. nobody really knows.

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Is there any seca these days and is the whole site free to roam once inside? 230 mile trip for me so a bit of heads up knowledge would be cool

Two security units on site with dogs, steel sheeting on all the ground floor windows/doors and other vulnerable bits, don't waste your time - there's a reason the photos and reports dried up around a year ago.

*edit* didn't realise that reply was from May, oops - however it's still a valid reply.

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yep, a shame for those who haven't seen it. I was poised to go back in '18 but missed my chance due to personal stuff. However the beefed-up security is certainly for the best for the site. Certain sections would definitely have been set ablaze. As said in Independence Day II "they like to go for the landmarks". Would have been an inevitable site to see the main hall be destroyed, for one.

Who has read this thread (Total: 329) View details