real time web analytics
Report - - Whittingham Asylum - Lancashire - May 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Whittingham Asylum - Lancashire - May 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thank you all for the nice feed back and comments......still some more to report and post so watch this space :thumb

Lavino

28DL Full Member
It's all gone now m8.

That's a shame telf mate well at least some got to see it and there's still the photos of the place if it wasn't fot sites like this they would be gone forever..

Geoffg

28DL Member
28DL Member
I suppose that I'm very lucky to remember Whittingham Hospital in the days that before it closed for good in 1995. As a youngster my uncle had Harrison House Farm on Brabiner Lane adjacent to the old disused Whittingham to Grimsargh Railway. I used to walk from there up the old railway line and around the hospital grounds. My father worked there for around 30 years & my last visit with him was to the coal fired boiler house. Now I worked for British Nuclear Fuels Salwick at the time the coal fired boilers they were miniature compared Whittingham Hospitals. I drove around the grounds today & nothing much is left apart for a few buildings Main Farm Complex used by I think Remploy and site services, the gate lodges (New Lodge Staggs Head) & North/Main Lodge are both boarded up South Lodge was sold off many years ago. The Hermitage is I think the only surviving building of the old hospital still in use today. l Have been informed that the builders now want to buy & relocate the old social club, car part & football pitch for housing development. What a complete & utter waste of a good hospital & beautiful Victorian architecture, only to be replaced with a modern tasteless secure unit that keeps expanding.

Old_Maintenance_Buildings[1].jpg

Old Maintenance Workshops ? near old Railway Station

Once_Admin_&_St_Lukes[1].jpg

Once Main Admin & St Lukes

Once_Cameron_House[1].jpg

Once Cameron House

Th
The_Hermitage[1].jpg

The Hermitage

Last edited: