real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - WIGPOOL-IRON STONE MINE 29th feb 2020 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) WIGPOOL-IRON STONE MINE 29th feb 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Top tip: Take a red hot and press it through your wellie boot where your foot arches between heel and toes, that way you get self bailing wellies (ideal when combined with neoprene wetsocks) warm feets and no extra weight when coming out of the wet bits!

That looks an impressive trip, one I've not seen before!

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can't edit my last post!!

The first bit is meant to read:

Take a red hot NAIL OR LENGTH OF FENCE WIRE and press it through your wellie boot..............

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Can't edit my last post!!

The first bit is meant to read:

Take a red hot NAIL OR LENGTH OF FENCE WIRE and press it through your wellie boot..............
Hello mate sorry have only just realised who you are ! Yes it’s a very good idea wish I had found it out sooner and listened to you could of saved hours of wet feet !

Down and beyond

Regular User
Go on the top 3 underground photo thread on here , you might enjoy it if you struggle to find it let me no I shall send you a link .

Down and beyond

Regular User
If youre going to put holes in your wellies you might as well wear crocs

No not at all , when you do a good length of neck deep wading then it drys out you will find that your very grateful for the holes in your soles , you don’t have to stop to empty them and get cold , I am sure you no as being a underground explorer your self how cold the water is especially when your tilting you head back and it’s going into your ears and your kissing the roof the last thing I would want on my feet is f*cking gardening shoes :thumb

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
You could use some sandals for ugly feet,

Down and beyond

Regular User
You could use some sandals for ugly feet,
Try to think logically if you can’t see what’s in the water would you wish to bash your toe in crocs or sandals or worse a nail in your foot ! I have seen a member on here in flip flops before in a mine !! Lol !!! And he was bloody cold !!

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Lol it was a joke bud, I wouldn't even be doing that sort of thing if I had waders up to my neck.
If its a regular thing for you I would be tempted to put a bung in your wellies like a 15mm waste plug cut down so you pull a plug and they empty in a second then put the plug back in.
No point having an open hole that let's water in if it isn't coming over the top.

Down and beyond

Regular User
I no you was joking mate .

thing is your soaked all day anyway afterwards it’s common thing ya get use to it , you don’t get much water go in the holes but when your walking your feet pushes the water out , also with ya neoprene socks your nice and snug ,after doing it a couple of times you never even notice when it goes over the top of ya wellies least worry on ya mind is getting soaked:p

actual cavers don’t even call a cave wet until it’s at your chin that’s the truth ! Believe it or not

Robert 'Bert' Clifton

28DL Member
28DL Member
This site is secured because it's an SSSI for breeding and hibernating bats (as you found out).
Bats are protected, which included going down holes in the ground and waving torches and cameras at them.
‍♂️‍♂️‍♂️

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This site is secured because it's an SSSI for breeding and hibernating bats (as you found out).
Bats are protected, which included going down holes in the ground and waving torches and cameras at them.
‍♂‍♂‍♂

Just like all schedule 1 birds ie barn owls but dosent stop people going buildings & disturbing them.
Im sure u also noticed that this was a permission visit!

Down and beyond

Regular User
Yup full permission to be there working with the bat groups , I think your barking up the wrong tree mate

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
‍♂‍♂‍♂

This site also happens to be covered by FoDCCAG...

Who has read this thread (Total: 237) View details