real time web analytics
Report - - William Knowles Centre, Weston Super Mare - Oct 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - William Knowles Centre, Weston Super Mare - Oct 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Idavoll

Who?
28DL Full Member
This was an unexpected find, set back off the road between live sites in a part of town I wouldn't normally visit so big thanks to @The_Raw for poking me in the right direction.

I visited the place straight away after hearing about it but it's pretty derp, obviously had pikeys there sometime in the recent history and had that lovely odor shit that comes with places like this. So as it was pitch black I decided to return with @tumbles and @aem. Second visit didn't show me anything that I hadn't seen the first time around other than the hydro-paddling-pool that was now open; still it was better to see it in the light and not think I was going to get shanked by some locals.

History

There's not a lot of history about the William Knowles Centre, no doubt someone local would have a bit more knowledge but here's what I know.

DSC03099_zpsbchzvlhh.jpg

The centre was opened as a day care for adults with a range of disabilities, it operated for many years and offered a range of facilities. Back in 2009 though the building was found to be unsafe and so when a sports centre was opened further down the road the William Knowles Centre closed in 2011 with those who attended the day care transferring. Since being closed nothing has happened to the site (other than the copper wiring being stolen and the place being trashed) and despite companies trying to acquire the land it still stands empty.

DSC03018_zpsi7gj2d3t.jpg

No copper wiring here.
DSC02990_zpsg7s2wr2z.jpg

DSC03019_zpszqsmkzho.jpg

DSC03016_zps1jlydzwn.jpg

DSC03006_zpsexnvzpnj.jpg

DSC03004_zps7yplizky.jpg

Despite the place being trashed the piano was still in fine working order.
DSC03005_zpsr6oeavuq.jpg

DSC03023_zps1xaybwho.jpg

DSC03064_zpsxqnhba2g.jpg

DSC03024_zpsc9eqfdec.jpg

The padded room lay to the side of the main activity room, from the fact it was very soft and comfy in there I'm guessing it was a sensory room.
DSC03081_zpstxwod2w3.jpg

DSC03027_zpsrtiiejpx.jpg

@tumbles monging out in the room.
DSC03095a_zpsbdrtrjgl.jpg

DSC03025_zpsssvqi65l.jpg

The "hydro-padding-pool".
DSC03077_zpsq94mqqe8.jpg

DSC03058_zpsu8afzzql.jpg

DSC03059_zpsmqgn0bjb.jpg

DSC03065_zpsjmvvlr1x.jpg

DSC03071_zpsvvqa38ag.jpg

Told you it was pretty derp. Thanks for looking.​

DSC03091_zpsbykgrjxi.jpg

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Now I now why you were ages in the Lego room. It was a nice day release with added post explore bacon.

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I've noticed a distinct lack of pairs of animals on the ark. This concerns me.