real time web analytics
Report - - williamson fire and rescue equipment- oldham - sept 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - williamson fire and rescue equipment- oldham - sept 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

scotty markfour

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
HISTORY -Williamsons was a family run business since 1920 , providing industrial equipment for the local factories and ironmongery for the local citizens , only in the late 60s did they start to specialize in fire fighting equipment , even so they still provided everything a DIY man could want !

THE VISIT- visited with @Cazel#HT my trusty sidekick , we had gone prepared for scaling fences , this was not needed and access was gained.
williamsons is a nice medium sized derp and full of nooks n crannies to explore , a derp that keeps on derping ...lol . the offices are messy but in pretty good nick , lots of arty farty pics to be had , i took my urban exploration 10-18mm wide angle lens to give the viewer an idea of the place . we tried to cram in everywhere but i missed the bloody room with all the photos on the wall , right at the end of the buildings we followed the stone staircase right up until it nearly touched the roof , who bloody designed that ????
after spending a pleasant afternoon exploring this mostly unspoilt factory we covered our tracks and quietly left with no fuss , we then went to the nearby KFC to have a well earned scoff which was washed down with lashings of fizzy pop while we discussed our next adventure .
wil 1.jpg
wil 2.jpg
wil 3.jpg
wil 4.jpg
wil 5.jpg
wil 6.jpg
wil 7.jpg
wil 8.jpg
wil 9.jpg
wil 10.jpg
wil 11.jpg
wil 12.jpg
wil 14.jpg
wil 16.jpg
wil 17.jpg
wil 19.jpg
wil 20.jpg
wil 21.jpg
wil 22.jpg
wil 24.jpg
wil 25.jpg
wil 26.jpg
wil 27.jpg
wil 28.jpg
wil 30.jpg
wil 31.jpg
wil 32.jpg

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
Nice to see. But so gutted people decided to trash sections of it. Was a great little place when me and acid went. Thx for pics and report

dave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Was here recently and didnt bother to report as its been done to death that said your pics or very good and shows the place off rather well.

Crewdie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's been 5 years since I lived in Oldham and I remember this place open, selling second hand and refurbished plant and equipment. It baffles me why the, obviously now unwanted and public domain company documents stay insitu to be lost forever to morons nicking tiles and vandals.

Great photos, along with all others who have documented it. Thanks all!

Who has read this thread (Total: 1) View details