real time web analytics
Report - - Willington Cooling Towers July 2016 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Willington Cooling Towers July 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DiMskiG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Definitely not one of the most interesting visits in the world compared to some of the fantastic reports on this site but as my first one I think it went pretty well.

So first of all Hi everyone,

I am a Derbyshire based Photographer / Videographer and I have always had an eye for Urbex I have never really known where to start though.

As this site was fairly local I thought I would give it a go...

So to start off with the weather wasn't great I didn't really know how we were going to get in but I guess that is half the fun.

We parked nearby and the took a little walk up to see if there was any entrance via the field to the right,

I initially sent my drone up as well to see if we could see any gaps in the fence (this ended up being quite successful and got a decent photo)

I know this has been reported on many a time so I won't but background info but please see photos below - Let me know what you think of the HDR I think I went overboard on a few photos but would be good to get some feedback,

in terms of what site is next - I went to the Milford Mills but car wash was closed so going back next week and I also got into the Flo Selecta but it was pretty deep from all the rain so we are also going back next week - anyone got any recommendations as to where I can go near to Derby (happy to drive further)

Finally... Photos -

Here is the Drone shot I mentioned - Fairly happy with this - did some minor editing and increased shadows / midtones
27963147541_9ae68d1838_b.jpg

Crazy how tall these are, you get a real sense of vertigo looking up
28039026365_7cbf3f9412_b.jpg

It was difficult to fit all the towers in (I was using a 16-35mm
27424964943_db63ec9beb_b.jpg

The iconic shot, dont know if the graffiti compliments this or...
28039274825_b0914eded4_b.jpg

Anyone know what these are they were scattered around each tower
27961463761_d9c2e62191_b.jpg

27425026794_71296ac56d_b.jpg

All in all for my first time I think this was alright... some of the shots did feel rushed due to the fact we were sure someone had seen us going in (me and one other)

as I say if anyone does have any recommendations as to where I can go next that would be great,

Cheers!

Last edited:

Punk

Punkus Explorus
28DL Full Member
I'm always happy to see these on the forum, nice easy explore with rewarding results.
You've got some nice snaps, some shots I've not seen before either :thumb
Nicely done :thumb

Jack Rabbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see you enjoyed yourself, another aspect with the drone, great to see.
You missed a perfect opportunity with the wash closed, you could have safely had it to yourself.

DiMskiG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good to see you enjoyed yourself, another aspect with the drone, great to see.
You missed a perfect opportunity with the wash closed, you could have safely had it to yourself.

Thanks man - with the wash closed though I would have to hop the fence with quite a few people going past seeing as it is on the main road - is that the only entrance or is there an alternate way?

DiMskiG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm always happy to see these on the forum, nice easy explore with rewarding results.
You've got some nice snaps, some shots I've not seen before either :thumb
Nicely done :thumb

Thanks - More to come for sure :)

Jack Rabbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Plan A will be over in a few seconds, there is a plan B. A bit of a scramble, not worth the trouble, but a way out if needed.

DiMskiG

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Plan A will be over in a few seconds, there is a plan B. A bit of a scramble, not worth the trouble, but a way out if needed.

We went on the side road which leads up past the primary school I have to admit I was very tempted to go down and the bank and hop someones fence but seem a little too bait.

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details