real time web analytics
Report - - Willington - Power Station - May 2015 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Willington - Power Station - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

chriswithington

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I hope you enjoy the set, short and sweet and for anyone who knows me colour isn't my thing.

The Willington Power Station was established in the 1950’s as a coal fired plant.

In 1990 it was bought by National Power after the privatization the UK electricity market. By 1998, the Willington Power Station was closed. After the end of National Power in 2001, when the company became de-merged, many of the power plants owned by National Power were demolished. Though defunct and discontinued the Willington Power Station cooling towers still remain but not much else of the site.

Today the site is marked to possibly become a large residential development. Plans for future construction are constantly met with opposition from locals, due to the proximity of the site to the River Trent’s flood plain.

During the time of its eventual closure in the 1990’s a pair of peregrine falcons nested in one the plants cooling towers and was largely publicized.
_MG_0015s.jpg
_MG_0022s.jpg
cool cols.jpg
planes3.jpg

chriswithington

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I wasn't going to take the bait.

BUT

I am new here, and I don't post much on this forum for the exact reason above,
every time I do post I seem to get it wrong.

I think you should take your negativity elsewhere and try encouraging other members to share their experiences to the forums instead of attempting to scare them off entirely.

Idle Hands

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I wasn't going to take the bait.

BUT

I am new here, and I don't post much on this forum for the exact reason above,
every time I do post I seem to get it wrong.

I think you should take your negativity elsewhere and try encouraging other members to share their experiences to the forums instead of attempting to scare them off entirely.

I wouldn't take it that way mate - I'm sure it wasn't intended like that.

Personally I enjoy seeing a set of shots as good as these and there aren't many that can do it to this standard. It would have been nice to see a few more but there are far worse reports out there. If this is what you do I'd certainly encourage you to share more :thumb