real time web analytics
Report - - willington Power Station - Nov09 | Diehardlove | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - willington Power Station - Nov09

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

diehardlove

1 of them cnuts off 28dsl
28DL Full Member
went here recently on the way back from somewhere else just as a flying visit and i was surprised
also went to have a look at the underground room there
this is took from a news article think its originally from wilkipedia
In the 1950s, two coal-fired power stations were built on a site off Twyford Road, between Willington and Findern. The stations were privatised and sold off to National Power in the early 1990s and eventually closed in the mid 1990s. Although most of the stations were demolished at the turn of the millennium, the five imposing cooling towers continue to dominate the skyline of the local area. The site is earmarked for a large residential development, pending the results of a public inquiry. The construction plans have been met with local opposition, perhaps due to the site's proximity to the River Trent's flood plain.

In the mid 1990s, a pair of peregrine falcons nested in one of the site's huge cooling towers. Unlike many bird of prey breeding sites, this was widely publicised because of its impregnable location.

IMGP2874.jpg

IMGP2888.jpg

IMGP2901.jpg

IMGP2909.jpg

IMGP2908.jpg

coal hopper
IMGP2958.jpg

railway tracks to the coal hopper
IMGP2967.jpg

underground room sorry pic shit but was taken making sure i didnt drop camera in the water
IMGP2975.jpg

IMGP2986.jpg

this made me wonder as a shooting range next to the cooling towers
IMGP3009.jpg

IMGP3006.jpg

coal weight bridge
IMGP3003.jpg

think this was used to get oil off the water its the only thing i can think
IMGP2991.jpg

IMGP2993.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details