real time web analytics
Information - - Willowclose Ironstone Mine | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Willowclose Ironstone Mine

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Hariboking727

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So, after a brief exploration of Thingdon mine about this time last year my thirst for mines can no longer go quenched. Unfortunately Thingdon mine was sealed up after someone uploaded a video of the entrance onto YouTube. After some research it turns out all of the other mines in the area has faced the same fate. But a vague post from two years ago alluded to there still being an entrance. So after even more research of maps and other offline material I believe i may have found the entrance. My self and other will be attempting to venture in sometime next week (with the correct equipment of course)

But if anyone has any additional information feel free to DM me as I believe i could be wrong.

(If I can find the pictures from Thingdon I will put a report up soon.

Thanks for reading,

Matt

20180114_141340[1].jpg

Hariboking727

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Additionally I don't want to come of as some inexperienced YouTuber looking for an easy video. I know how easily someone can get this sealed up by putting out too much information

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User
if you're going to be making any sort of video then we're not really interested, photos are what we like. Generally speaking if its already been mostly sealed because people have been putting up info about the place then posting about an entrance thats still open on a public forum isnt the brightest thing in the world.

Just saying.

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
Honestly this isn't a report

If you have a look at other reports on the site they generally have a load of pictures and a write up .
Personally I would have put this in people pics or general photos

Hariboking727

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
if you're going to be making any sort of video then we're not really interested, photos are what we like. Generally speaking if its already been mostly sealed because people have been putting up info about the place then posting about an entrance thats still open on a public forum isnt the brightest thing in the world.

Just saying.
That's why is said I'm not a YouTuber, I know that that's how things get ruined.

Hariboking727

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Honestly this isn't a report

If you have a look at other reports on the site they generally have a load of pictures and a write up .
Personally I would have put this in people pics or general photos
I didn't upload this as a report, I've done a couple of real reports on other sites.

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
Tbf the Op did post as information,

Information that no one needs to know

Basically you’ve just advertised that willow close may be open and you’re planning to go there.

Next time you’re best off just exploring it and posting a report rather than telling people your plans for the next month ;):thumb

Edit:get yourself a decent lid if you’re going underground

Thebritishunter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
looks like someone went off of my old enquiry about Willowstone Mine, i never went but i do thoroughly suggest going down it with someone who either knows the mine or with respirators

Mintyjimbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'll be happy to go. Was it you who I helped dig the entrance to the finedon one with little success?

I have an itch I need to scratch as well with it

Mintyjimbob

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I met who the Muppet was who did the YouTube video. He was the one who took a kid down there and told the local council about it, after he had had his fun

Hariboking727

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes I was at the dig out. I knew about the video, I didn't realise it was him who went to the authorities about it and did us all in.