real time web analytics
Report - - Wiltshire day out(Westwood, Browns, Farleigh Down & Monks park) - Oct 10 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Wiltshire day out(Westwood, Browns, Farleigh Down & Monks park) - Oct 10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Kinger

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Myself, Markymark and Montstar had a last minute decision to get up early and get around some of Wiltshire’s underground sites, that so far, we'd somehow managed not to see :banghead

We started at Westwood, which threw up the unexpected surprise of being able to see behind the normally locked Re-Store (FKA: Wansdyke) doors!
We didn't stay long, because obviously they were open due to someone working inside! They did have a Burlington-esque electric cart though :D
We stayed just long enough to grab some full-auto-stylie (read: "shit") pics, then made a runner, being chased by the sound of the cart following our footsteps!

Next on the list was a whistle stop tour of Browns Folly, before moving on to Farleigh Down, and rounding off the epic day with Monks Park.

Onto the pics;

Some shots of Westwood
Westwoodwinch.jpg

WestwoodDoor.jpg

Westwoodoffice.jpg

Westwoodwindow.jpg

Westwoodforklift.jpg

Now the interesting shit!

Those in the know will realise that these gates are always locked, we lucked in, and they were open! Someone was making a shit load of noise, so we proceed in to check it out!
WestwoodOpengate1.jpg

We didn't stay long, or see much! In one of the pics below, you can see the safe doors, beyond which I guess they get around by electric cart?
westwoodopengate2.jpg

westwoodopengate3.jpg

westwoodopengate4.jpg

Westwoodopengate5.jpg

Westwoodopengate6.jpg

That was enough excitement for one morning! So we exited, grabbed a sandwich, and carried on into the afternoon to Browns
Browns1.jpg

browns2.jpg

And then stopping at Farleigh Down Tunnel (My calves are still rock hard from the walk to the top!)
Farleigh1.jpg

Farleigh2.jpg

Farleigh3.jpg

Farleigh4.jpg

After Farleigh, we made one final stop at Monks Park, and then drove home, contented and knackered!!

Monks1.jpg

monks2.jpg

monks3.jpg

monks4.jpg

monks5.jpg

monks6.jpg

monks7.jpg

An epic day! Thanks for looking :thumb

Last edited:

Montstar

28DL Member
28DL Full Member