real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Farbod

28DL Cool Member
28DL Full Member
The Visit :
The area is surrounded with big parking which is open for public. It is very easy to get near the entrance of the stadium, but its a trap, there are lots of hidden cameras over there and also security guy lives next to entrance!! i was half way climbing the entrance that i heard some lots of key noises and try to open one of the doors near the entrance. i get down from there and wait until the little overweight guy come to me and i ask him is it possible that i took some pictures . he let me in for 2 minutes and he was standing next to me to make sure i leave the property . but he was very nice guy but not very in the mood for chat !!! on the way back of the inside the stadium i saw lots of hidden cameras inside entrance area. so if you enter from front you definitely gonna caught by cameras.
this is my first report so i hop its not that bad !

History :
Racing was first held on 19 May 1928. The site had been purchased by South London Greyhound Racecourses Ltd who then experienced financial difficulties. W J Cearns, owner of the building firm, put in a large sum of money to help get the stadium up and running. Wimbledon became one of the major tracks of Britain after a new grandstand was constructed to replace the war damaged section of the stadium. The local professional football team AFC Wimbledon has considered a move here, after the stadium was put up for sale in 2007. However, such a move would necessitate rebuilding the stadium. Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium is currently owned by Galliard Homes Limited, who purchased the site from the Greyhound Racing Association.

Reference

20523356729_24b34f3d94_b.jpg

20522108220_0b55c852d0_b.jpg

20700840282_67b180bab7_b.jpg

20087318124_f1fedbec1e_b.jpg

20523131969_0a653220b3_b.jpg

20523143939_317897cc70_b.jpg

20716720931_98ce3cde94_b.jpg

20088948823_d530f2d175_b.jpg

20700610442_24ae9d6436_b.jpg

20521889798_5de8330e82_b.jpg

https://www.flickr.com/gp/124122549@N03/K7wXU5

Attachments

• 20716720931_98ce3cde94_b.jpg
    20716720931_98ce3cde94_b.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Monkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i tired everything ! i don't

know why i cant share my pictures!!! :S

Ok flickr, click the little share button on each pic. There should be something called the BB code. Copy and paste that here. Make sure you chose 1024 pixels wide

Farbod

28DL Cool Member
28DL Full Member
Ok flickr, click the little share button on each pic. There should be something called the BB code. Copy and paste that here. Make sure you chose 1024 pixels wide
Thank you very very much it fixed! thanks
do you think this report could be Noteworthy Reports ?
sorry for lot of question i just don't wanna screwing around :D

merryprankster

Conrod the Barbarian
Regular User
LOL good one mate, always nice to have people with a sense of humour posting, not sure we are quite at the maunsell sea forts just yet though :p
something a little different, good effort on your first report

Last edited:

Gabe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
If you like stadiums keep an eye out...

Theres gonna be something special coming this way very soon

Farbod

28DL Cool Member
28DL Full Member
LOL good one mate, always nice to have people with a sense of humour posting, not sure we are quite at the maunsell sea forts just yet though :p
something a little different, good effort on your first report
haha thanks i hope its getting better every time .

PlapPlap

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's still active I think, their twitter account was posting a few days ago and the website is full of upcoming events. And I just phoned them up and they confirmed they're not closed, or closing soon.

I went on a corporate function here in the late 90s with laid on buffet for about 100 people and the next day half of us were sick... as dogs!

Last edited:

Farbod

28DL Cool Member
28DL Full Member
It's still active I think, their twitter account was posting a few days ago and the website is full of upcoming events. And I just phoned them up and they confirmed they're not closed, or closing soon.

I went on a corporate function here in the late 90s with laid on buffet for about 100 people and the next day half of us were sick... as dogs!
You are absolutely right ! apparently its not abounded
I know AFC bought this place for new stadium but people who lives on this area are against it because of traffic. so AFC still struggling with councils and people.

http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/venue.php?name=Wimbledon