real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium | Leisure Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Wimbledon Greyhound Stadium

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PlapPlap

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There was a football stadium a bit further up the road (the original home of Wimbledon I think) which might have been a source of confusion. I think that went a few years back though.

Old Git

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It's still open, this, isn't it? I need to get down there for stock car racing some time.
Well done that man. It is indeed still open for Stock cars Sept to Mar although this may be the last season.The dogs are still going too. The main home straight grandstand has been closed for a few years now due to asbestos. Even the used parts are dire in places with the downstairs gents having more peely paint than Cambridge hospital

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member
Well done that man. It is indeed still open for Stock cars Sept to Mar although this may be the last season.The dogs are still going too. The main home straight grandstand has been closed for a few years now due to asbestos. Even the used parts are dire in places with the downstairs gents having more peely paint than Cambridge hospital

We used to hang around after it closed on Spedeworth nights and have a mooch about and leave by the turnstiles.
Hard to believe but it used to be one of the finest stadiums in the land.

Old Git

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It was fine once Prof. Ive been going since the mid 70.'s.Crowds of 20000 then before Merton council put their oar in. Im sure the dog elite are well impressed when they hold the greyhound Derby there still!! The safety fence has to be taken down for this as it doesn't look good. Good job the cameras cant see behind the scenes.

Rockermike85

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
its pretty much all gone now (Pics from google)

wimbledon stadium.jpg

plough lane demo.jpg