Web
Analytics
Report - - Windlestone hall 18th century Manor House North east 23/5/20 | Residential Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Windlestone hall 18th century Manor House North east 23/5/20

Joshy1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Went and had a look round Windlestone hall today as I seen a post of the place from 2016 and thought it looked amazing but was a little let down as the stuff has all been taken out of the inside of it and it’s pretty much empty ... still a really cool space tho ... got abit spooked by guys at the entrance who we had to sneak past so didn’t stay in to long still managed to snap some pics hope you enjoy

Scoobysrt

-- .- -.. . -.-- --- ..- .-.. --- --- -.-
28DL Full Member
I was alone in a empty building atleast a mile away from the nearest person , boris has said you can travel for your exercise and didn’t state that you couldn’t go exploring ... stop look for rouble mate and just enjoy yourself and concentrate on you youl be much happier
Firstly I'm not your mate and secondly boris hasnt said you can go wandering around abandoned property either, common sense dictates that.

You need to realise I don't care if you catch covid 19, I care for the people that have to come out and rescue you if you fall and graze your knees, i care about the people putting their lives at risk to come and save your sorry ass because you're not mature enough to wait a few more weeks. I even care about your family who risk contracting covid19 from you after a visit to the hospital because you're going out against government advice.
The argument of "well boris didn't say I can't do it" pretty much sums you up I guess.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
@Scoobysrt Is right. This forum does not condone exploring at this time, though its a grey area right now. Its good that you joined and posted straight away, so I dont know if youve seen the advice from @admin re exploring right now. We have several people banned at the moment for exploring whilst on lock down. Its not the explore as such, but rather the climbs, or floors, nails, etc and injuries.

Maybe read this posted 5 days ago by admin.

But Id like to say welcome to 28dl & hope to see more from you. But please do not tell a regular user he is causing trouble. He has been here a while & is only pointing out the forums take on things since 23rd March to date.

Last edited:

Joshy1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Firstly I'm not your mate and secondly boris hasnt said you can go wandering around abandoned property either, common sense dictates that.

You need to realise I don't care if you catch covid 19, I care for the people that have to come out and rescue you if you fall and graze your knees, i care about the people putting their lives at risk to come and save your sorry ass because you're not mature enough to wait a few more weeks. I even care about your family who risk contracting covid19 from you after a visit to the hospital because you're going out against government advice.
The argument of "well boris didn't say I can't do it" pretty much sums you up I guess.
You don’t care if I catch covid 19 ??? why would anyone have to come and get me if I fall and graze my knees I’m a fit 28 year old lad not a old age pensioner ? You sound like a Very negative person. I was simply sharing my explore I didn’t realise that people Weren’t happy with people exploring atm ... youv went out of your way to get a reaction from me if you don’t like my post don’t comment on them it’s quite simple .why turn a fun website full of like minded people who love to get out and explore into a place where you come and write argumentative essays ... Bit of an over the top reply tbh you need to calm down Sharon .

Last edited:

Joshy1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
@Scoobysrt Is right. This forum does not condone exploring at this time, though its a grey area right now. Its good that you joined and posted straight away, so I dont know if youve seen the advice from @admin re exploring right now. We have several people banned at the moment for exploring whilst on lock down. Its not the explore as such, but rather the climbs, or floors, nails, etc and injuries.

But Id like to say welcome to 28dl & hope to see more from you. But please do not tell a regular user he is causing trouble. He has been here a while & is only pointing out the forums take on things since 23rd March to date.

[/QUOTE

Yeah thankyou I was just excited to show I’d been exploring tbh , I was alone and miles from any other people , IDidn’t realise people weren’t posting explores atm ... I don’t think it’s acceptable that he’s telling me he doesn’t care if I catch covid 19 tho bit over the top don’t you think ? But anyway I’m here because I love exploring and am enjoying this site minus this little hickup ... I won’t post anything Else anytime soon don’t worry

Joshy1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fuck me that place has gone down hill in the past few years since all the lead was nicked, won't be long till the interior is completely unsalvageable
Was nothing inside that was in the pictures from 2017 it’s been totally gutted and the grand staircase is covered in black protective foam which ruins any pictures you try to get but still not a bad mooch about

Scoobysrt

-- .- -.. . -.-- --- ..- .-.. --- --- -.-
28DL Full Member
I didn't wish covid19 on you so don't get all upity but it was maybe worded wrong in the heat of the moment, i did not mean to come across that I didn't care if you caught it, that wasn't the actual specific intention of that sentence. The implication was meant if you was to catch it while at home you only affect yourself and it doesn't affect me. If you are a carrier or you contract it after getting medical treatment, being taken to hospital, being delt with by the police, rescued by any one of the rescue services including fire, cave rescue, mountain rescue etc, then it affects everyone. It also takes those services away from people that really need them to save their life.

I didn't reply with an argumentative essay, its about putting a point across, I said we were on lockdown then you put your little dig on the end of you're reply so it's you spoiling for a fight and looking for the reaction you got, Sharon.

You say a forum of like minded people? Yes, understand it's not your opinions they are like minded about. We all like exploring and sharing details about those explores but we're also all staying at home right now as well.

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
@Joshy1991
I quite agree, I missed that wording, and its not acceptable, having read Scoobysrt reply, as well as your own. I think at this stressful time a truce should be on the cards, and apologies accepted on both sides. As for not posting for a while, please if you have any back dated explores before April please post them. We all love to read them.

It can be difficult for newer members, some find our rules harsh, or our humour dark, but once you get to know us here, we are a friendly bunch. I admire your excitement to post a report, and exploring a place you've been after for yrs is a great feeling, Ive done it myself. Regards CJ

Joshy1991

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I didn't wish covid19 on you so don't get all upity but it was maybe worded wrong in the heat of the moment, i did not mean to come across that I didn't care if you caught it, that wasn't the actual specific intention of that sentence. The implication was meant if you was to catch it while at home you only affect yourself and it doesn't affect me. If you are a carrier or you contract it after getting medical treatment, being taken to hospital, being delt with by the police, rescued by any one of the rescue services including fire, cave rescue, mountain rescue etc, then it affects everyone. It also takes those services away from people that really need them to save their life.

I didn't reply with an argumentative essay, its about putting a point across, I said we were on lockdown then you put your little dig on the end of you're reply so it's you spoiling for a fight and looking for the reaction you got, Sharon.

You say a forum of like minded people? Yes, understand it's not your opinions they are like minded about. We all like exploring and sharing details about those explores but we're also all staying at home right now as well.
Did Isay it was my opinions they wer like minded about ? There you go again jumping to conclusions... wer all obviously like minded in the fact we all love to explore, I thought you being so smart would be able to work that out ... I think your looking into things a little bit Concerning police and ambulance turning up over a minor explore ... you need to go for a walk or something .... anyway ya boring I won’t be replying after this so see you Sharon ! Try and not get so worked up in the future and have a good life traa

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
. I think your looking into things a little bit Concerning police and ambulance turning up over a minor explore
If you fall and break your leg you'd probably be quite glad to have an ambulance turn up.

Yoshimitsu93

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Love the last shot of the ceiling mate, makes a really cool last photo! Looks like a decent place to have a look around in!