real time web analytics
Report - - Witney Town FC, Oxfordshire, March 2013 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Witney Town FC, Oxfordshire, March 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

PCWOX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Witney Town A.F.C. was a football club based in Witney, Oxfordshire. The club dissolved whilst playing in the Hellenic League Premier Division, during the current 2012-13 season.
The club was formed by a group of Witney Town supporters. Intent on bring senior football back to the town the group registered Witney United FC with the Oxfordshire Football Association in 2001.
The club ran into financial difficulties during this season. Following further lengthy discussions over a few days in February 2013 amongst the trustee’s of Witney Town FC no persons came forward to offer their services to take over responsibility as Officers of Witney Town Football Club and the resignation of Witney Town FC was tendered to the Uhlsport Hellenic League. The club has gone into liquidation.
Now I know that football stadiums might not be too popular on here, especially this one, which the club only left very recently, but technically it is still abandoned. I am a big football fan, so am posting the report :) Sadly, access to the offices/changing rooms is not possible.

file-112.jpg

file-111.jpg

file-108.jpg

Corner flag
file-115.jpg

file-117.jpg

file-119.jpg

file-120.jpg

file-124.jpg

file-127.jpg

file-121.jpg

Groundsman's equipment
file-126.jpg

A fan's umbrella just left behind.....
file-128.jpg

Turnstile
file-145.jpg

Programme hut - i could have spent ages in here, football geek that I am
file-131.jpg

file-134.jpg

file-132.jpg

file-129.jpg

file-130.jpg

file-148.jpg

file-149.jpg

file-152.jpg

file-151.jpg

GPW

28DL Member
28DL Member
It was demolished in October 2016 due to excessive vandalism.
I went there a lot and was amazing how everything was untouched the power still worked aswell!
Sad to see it go as it was such a good location.
My profile picture is a room in there.