real time web analytics
Report - - Woodstock Villa, NW Germany - May 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Woodstock Villa, NW Germany - May 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sirjonnyp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I was recently in North-West Germany for a wedding, and was fortunate enough to be tipped off about this place, which turned out to be a ten minutes from where I was staying. I had some spare time one morning, so had a mooch about for an hour, although in the end I needed more time. There are much better photos of this place online, but only the main hall, hopefully this report will show off a bit more of the derpy side. My 18-55 lens really doesn't do the main hall justice. I've whittled down the photos for this report, a more complete set is on my blog.

414.jpg

Visited solo. Thanks to the raw for the suggestion, and my host for a great stay.

402.jpg

I don't normally go with the whole code-naming stuff, but given the European convention, I'll respect that. The site itself was pretty mint, consistency of four buildings, although I only made it into the main two, which were the glorious original building, and the attached accommodation building. There was also a more resort-style building and perhaps another accommodation building, which had a cross on it.

404.jpg

412.jpg

Some history:

Maison A is a villa in a city in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. It has been classified as a heritage building by the local authority for monument protection.
The two-story building lies hidden within a small park made up of beeches and chestnut trees. A fountain is located in the outer area. The building was constructed in the style of historism with elements of the neo-renaissance style and is a typical example of a country house in the second half of the 19th century.

444.jpg

417.jpg

431.jpg

My time was quite limited, so I left the main hall, and went wandering downwards, and found the basement. I've looked at a few reports of this place online now, but haven't seen any photos outside of the main hall, so this was new to me. The basement was mainly showers and remnants of kitchen.

450.jpg

453.jpg

459.jpg

Not clearing up behind them. Naughty. Below is the connecting corridor between the to main buildings.

465.jpg

469.jpg

This block was a pretty samey accommodation block, although there was a derp basement too.

467.jpg

Found this guy on a door in the basement. Cheers for reading.

481.jpg

HerrJonnySchwanzkopf​

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details