real time web analytics
Report (Permission Visit) - Woolton Hall, Sept 2015, Liverpool | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report (Permission Visit) Woolton Hall, Sept 2015, Liverpool

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

JaneEyre

The clumsiest explorer in Yorkshire!
28DL Full Member
Hiyaaa,

The Explore

SO, we wanted to head up here for a while but as anyone who has explored with me and Rincewind will have noticed, I am pretty crap at getting over anything above 6ft and have a habit of falling off/through things. This became less of a problem when a certain lovely member gave me John's number and said that I should give him a ring.
The next day me, the Mr and a non member all bundled in the car and pottered up to Liverpool.
It was probably the most relaxed explore we have ever done, not very exciting or rush-filled but some of the thrill is being somewhere you shouldn't and all that jazz haha

Anyway, here is some history and a whole load of photos, I did try and get some of the smaller details, the bits people haven't got before or that everyone hasn't seen tonnes. I also realised half way through that my new camera was in fact broke, the flash kept going off in the body, despite me having it in manual, so focusing was a nightmare but hey ho, they look almost alright :)

History - Shamelessly nicked from t'interwebs and edited

Woolton Hall is in Woolton, a suburb of Liverpool, Merseyside, England. It is a former country house built in 1704 and extensively renovated in 1772 by the influential architect Robert Adam. It is praised as the finest example of Robert Adam's work in the north of England and in all honesty is a very pretty building.

The original part of the house was built in 1704 for the Molyneux family, on an estate of 400 acres that Richard Molyneux purchased in 1700. The site had had a house on since the Twelfth century, at one time serving as the local headquarters of the Knights of St. John. After the death of Richard Molyneux in 1738 and his widow in 1766, Woolton Hall was acquired by Nicholas Ashton, High Sheriff of Lancashire, whose father was one of the original undertakers and the principal financier of the Sankey Canal, the first canal of the British industrial revolution. In 1772, Robert Adam was employed to design a new frontage and redesign the interior. It remained in the Ashton family until the late Nineteenth century. The hall is recorded in the National Heritage List for England as a designated Grade I listed building.
Late on in its time, the house fell into disrepair and was scheduled for demolition, until it was saved in 1980 by John Hibbert (who is a proper sweetie) a local resident, who bought Woolton Hall and spent £100,000 renovating it. In 2005, there were plans to convert the estate and house into retirement care flats however no work has yet began.
John started letting people in to look around a little while ago and says it has helped keep damage and theft down, he even referred to "you urban lot" when showing us around and finds out hobbies quite amusing.

Photos - taken with a cannon 1200D

IMG_0170_zpshrer1gtl.jpg

IMG_0003_zps8nl4jz0j.jpg

IMG_0006_zpsxelrqitc.jpg

IMG_0031_zpsu22u89mp.jpg

IMG_0118_zps9ljqkibe.jpg

IMG_0112_zpsdw4uceku.jpg

IMG_0107_zpsj9dcsu3q.jpg

IMG_0105_zpslaammv8l.jpg

IMG_0102_zpstzjgnpfe.jpg

IMG_0147_zps6uxanppb.jpg

IMG_0077_zpsidhtmnoi.jpg

IMG_0017_zpsqwl1a1hu.jpg

IMG_0059_zpsvuyrulku.jpg

IMG_0039_zps6rpyuq1n.jpg

IMG_0013_zpsn0bzjw1q.jpg

IMG_0122_zps450hvkkp.jpg

IMG_0097_zpsbxd35kcm.jpg

IMG_0071_zpstbd8ofj9.jpg

IMG_0029_zpshyi6rwxm.jpg

IMG_0139_zpsm6iqeldn.jpg

IMG_0012_zpswc56ulnr.jpg

IMG_0050_zpsx9ingkkp.jpg

IMG_0054_zpsip5wfm5y.jpg

IMG_0120_zpscv9svvbk.jpg

IMG_0069_zpsysgkfm7l.jpg

IMG_0053_zpsxeollk2h.jpg

IMG_0117_zps1uhiiibj.jpg

IMG_0137_zpstq6y9mtd.jpg

IMG_0044_zpszw2fr0gd.jpg

Much Love

JE

xxx

VauxBex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Brill pictures :thumb. Such a shame about the building, anything happened to it as yet?
Thanks for the report!

VauxBex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Really could be if somebody spent some ££ on it. Doesn't look in that bad condition so probably wouldn't cost that much, obviously depending what they were planning to use it for..

othersideofmidnight

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
hi Jane

I was looking at going to the hall and have seen that there is a nice gentleman that is willing to show people around, would it be possible to PM me his number. thanks

chills

Queller of the uprising
Those photos are amazing! Please can you email me with johns number? I’d love to get photos of this to build up my channel. Thanks @[email protected]

Remember this is a public site. Anyone can access your email.

Equally, you haven’t contributed to the site but want to refer people to your own channel. Doesn’t usually go down too well.

Urbexplo21

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Remember this is a public site. Anyone can access your email.

Equally, you haven’t contributed to the site but want to refer people to your own channel. Doesn’t usually go down too well.
I’ve just made my first post

Lavino

28DL Full Member
@Urbexplo21 you do realise this report was made 5 years ago and she hasn’t even logged on to the forum for 2 years so good luck there.and full Urbex points for your urbexy name :cool: