real time web analytics
Report - - Worcester Royal Infirmary, Worcester - March 2007 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Worcester Royal Infirmary, Worcester - March 2007

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

T

tegwin

One monster explore spread over two visits....

First visited with PerfectZebra last weekend...

Worcester Royal Infirmary closed in 2000 and has been bought by the local university to be used as accomodation and teaching facilities.

Its spread over an enormous site, but 50% of the buildings are just private accomodation...all little en-suite rooms so not very exciting.

I was amazed that there is so little vandalism inside...appart from a bit of fire damage in a few rooms there is no graffiti etc..

The hospital is a bizare layout and it appears to have been mainly for outpatients...I could not find the morgue or opperating theatres...there must be some somewhere, but I came upon some blockages in some coridors....need to go back and have a better look at them...

Closed-600.jpg

One of the private accomodation wings:
Checkitout-600.jpg

This photo pretty much sums up the architecture of the place...
Layers-600.jpg

One of the eariler buildings:
Railing-600.jpg

Pipe-600.jpg

AE-600.jpg

The place is mostly empty...
Longcorridor-600.jpg

Nillbymouth-600.jpg

Needles-600.jpg

Gym:
Gymclimb-600.jpg

X-Rays:
Fused-600.jpg

Deckchair-600.jpg

Danglesocket-600.jpg

Bedlamp-600.jpg

I really hate childrens wards with a passion...the murals on the walls of cartoon characters are desturbing!
Wallreflections-600.jpg

Lightbox:
xraybox-600.jpg

There was a lot of random police tape all over the hospital...not sure what its there for though...
Policetape-600.jpg

Foyer-600.jpg

Fireplace-600.jpg

Doubledoors-600.jpg

Doorhanging-600.jpg

Thankyou cards...( I wonder what happened to the patients who sent them):
Thankyoucards-600.jpg

Pathology:
sink-600.jpg

The most incredible part of the site is the chappel....they are obviously trying to protect it...not doing a great job, but atleast they are trying...
Chappel-600.jpg

I have so many more photos, but I think thats enough for now....:thumb

P

perfectzebra

Re: Worcester royal infirmary REPORT 17/03/07

Great report Tegwin! Really glad to see your photos finally up here – I know I’ve said it before but I think your 3rd photo from the top really sums up the feeling of this site for me.

Not wanting to steal any of Tegwin’s thunder on this site because I know he has loads of quality images but I can’t resist adding a couple of my own shots that highlight a few of the memorable finds inside.

A great afternoon that left me buzzing for days!

ward.gif

View attachment 27092
X-ray room

photo_dev.jpg

Development Lab

down_ae.jpg

Going down to A&E