real time web analytics
Report - - Word up, its the Works...AGAIN! | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Word up, its the Works...AGAIN!

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

meldiablo

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yesterday was a perfect day for underground shenanigans.
Its started with a meeting of mentalists (me, deadendsam and sneak) in town, and after some deliberation over the politics behind primark's security, we headed on our way.
A short tram ride and we were fairly close to our destination....IN A WAY.

Anyone who has been to The Works knows that its entrance location leaves a lot to be desired.Whilst growing up, I had heard stories of 6 fingered dwarves with hairy ear lobes and "colourful" shall we say,family set ups!
Anyways, I digress...
Obviously waders are essential for this trip,I really have to find a way to make these things look cool....the style is bringing me down man.

We travelled through to the main room and stopped for a chill.

CIMG0979.jpg

CIMG0984.jpg

CIMG0989.jpg

CIMG0991.jpg

CIMG1000.jpg

CIMG0998.jpg

It was awesome but I was unsatisfied.
We had to go on, so we decided to follow the drain to the inlet.

CIMG0980.jpg

My word, that section is seriously sketchy.Im sure many of you know which bit i'm talking about.The constant threat of a snapped ankle or filling our waders, really kept us on our toes.

CIMG1006.jpg

Once we reached the inlet, it was time for another chill (I like chilling hahaha)

CIMG1014.jpg

It was then that we heard the growling of what sounded like a feral dog guarding her pups (or treasure???) not to mention the unwitting east europeans who couldn't get there heads around 3 guys with headtorches and waders.Fun Fun.
Anyways in the distance was another tunnel, we decided we hadn't had enough and so in we went.

CIMG1016.jpg

CIMG1018.jpg

This tunnel just went on and on and on, and aside from a few side rooms with ladders up to street level, was fairly uneventful(apart from nearly slipping on my ass more times that I care to remember).

CIMG1023.jpg

CIMG1025.jpg

CIMG1032.jpg

We got to one of these rooms that I haven't seen any pictures of before.
It had the usual manhole but had a side room which contained what seemed like a filter system for crap and such like, the smell was a dead giveaway.

CIMG1042.jpg

CIMG1044.jpg

CIMG1050.jpg

CIMG1063.jpg

CIMG1066.jpg

CIMG1075.jpg

CIMG1085.jpg

A few minutes more and we decided to head back and get some photos of stuff we had seen earlier.

CIMG1090.jpg

CIMG1092.jpg

CIMG1097.jpg

CIMG1105.jpg

CIMG1110.jpg

CIMG1121.jpg

CIMG1125.jpg

CIMG1134.jpg

I hope you guys enjoy my photos.
I had an awesome time.
Thanks again Sneak.

Peace Out!

PS, so pissed off for leaving the date stamp on!!!

Hope you all enjoy the pics

TheVicar

Loyal to the Drain
Regular User
Re: Word up, its the Worksssssss...AGAIN!

They've not made a bad job of it considering.
This is how the outfall looked in February last year.

IMG_0316.jpg

There are two of these processor rooms which filter out the solids from the sewer when it overflows. Would love to see one in action if only there was another way out!

IMG_0320.jpg

:)