Web
Analytics
Report - - Worsely brook Culvert - May 2012 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Worsely brook Culvert - May 2012

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I can't find any reports on here for this but i'm sure it has been explored by CJ, and probs Ojay that i know of, i can't find a name for it so it's simply Worseley brook culvert unless some knows otherwise.

A short but interesting culvert, which suited me as i didn't have too much time on my hands.

The Worsley Brook flows under the Bridgwater Canal through this short culvert. The brook's flow is also diverted by a dam into another small culvert.

From the outfall, the brook travels through this large brick arch.

Worsely-6r.jpg

2 blocked smaller tunnels are seen on the right, these may have been something to do with the canal at one time.

Worsely-7r.jpg

Next we arrive at this arched entrance which is square once inside.

Worsely-5r.jpg

Looking back

Worsely-4r.jpg

Forward

Worsely-8r.jpg

Worsely-2-2r.jpg

Change from square brick to arch at this junction

Worsely-3r.jpg

Old Penstock manually operated from above ground

Worsely-2r.jpg

Here the ceiling is low, and the water lever a bit too high to continue

Worselyr.jpg