real time web analytics
Information - - Wykeham ROC post | ROC Posts | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Wykeham ROC post

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Matthew Blurton

28DL Member
28DL Member
I have just secured a lease on the post and piece of land from Wykeham estates. I went up to have a look around yesterday and found the post almost overgrown in brambles and nettles. There were signs of a fire and the remains of BBQs and alcohol in the aircraft lookout building. It looks a lot different than it did a few years ago when it was in reasonable condition. The land is surrounded from the road by large hedging and a gate, so I guess the first job is to trim the area down to give easy access and secure the site. Any ideas on security? The post is quite remote, around 1/2 mile out of the village down a small country lane that is popular with boy racers heading up to the nearby forests at night. The aircraft lookout post has the roof missing and the door smashed in, looks like there was electric here at some point but been ripped out, as well as the telegraph pole.

mr scott

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Best of luck to you with that post Matthew!
I've had my eye on that (more of a fantasy really!)
I hope you make good progress and the bastards that burnt it get their hands cut off!
Still got an eve on another local one but I'm not currently sure how to find out who owns it!
Anyway,as I said - good luck, and if you need a hand let me know. I'm just down the road at Scarborough!