real time web analytics
Report - - Yarn Spinner , Meltham october 2021 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Yarn Spinner , Meltham october 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This has had to be one of my favourite explores some really interesting features and a good length ,scouting on maps ( again ) i thought at first i had found something new but its been covered before by the Lone Ranger with a brilliant report it wasnt until id done the explore that i realised it had already been named . Shooting up early one morning on the bike i walked through the Meltham pleasure garden and dropped in to the Roy edge clough river without being spotted by any dog walkers who were out and about in force . Starting upstream and walking down first pic start point just before meltham mills road

once inside and getting kitted up properly i snapped a pic looking back to the start point

next pic shows a small stream ( ridge busk ) coming in think this is also the overflow from the Meltham mills reservoir

be rude not to have a quick nosy up it

concrete box section the only stoopy bit of the explore, diddnt go all the way to the end then back to the main explore

open air bit here carefully climbed down the waterfall as it was as slippery as glass

the only difficult bit of the explore was quite deep ( thigh deep ) this cushion pool

looking back to the vier then looking downstream

the water was crystal clear and alive with fish nice to see

some lovely bedrock

this next pic looked like something from a castle dungeon lol

lots of different styles and it snaked around so you never new what was around the corner

getting a bit messy now concrete roof and looks like some damaged pipe insulation

moving on downstream

end of the concrete roof and a welcome return to stone arch construction

stated to widen out a bit more loads of hooks and pipes hanging from the ceiling

light at the end ! Some substantial girders in this last section

looking back upstream

nice blue brick arched roof

and then the outflow was a cracking explore this one loved it all sorts of styles diddnt exit here but walked the culvert all the way back to my start point was nice to experience it without having to photo everything thanks for viewing everyone :thumb

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Good effort it is a lovely culvert and glad to see someone else doing it :thumb

I think locally only Bank Bottom Mill culvert is better for length and features.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Loving the different building styles here. Your photos are fab. Clear water with fish! that surprised me. Looks quite tranquil in spots. Very nice report. :thumb

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yo jezzyboo
Nice little mooch and report that...............good enough to make it into 'Culvert World' magazine !!!!
looks a bit heavy underfoot in places tho, and.................a real life torture chamber !!!!!! lucky for you the troll wasn't at home to string you up on that meat hook .... ha ha

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Yo jezzyboo
Nice little mooch and report that...............good enough to make it into 'Culvert World' magazine !!!!
looks a bit heavy underfoot in places tho, and.................a real life torture chamber !!!!!! lucky for you the troll wasn't at home to string you up on that meat hook .... ha ha
ha ha the only old troll down there was me

bariau

28DL Member
28DL Member
The other end of the photo that you took of Ridge Busk is my garden, it is, indeed, the overflow from the reservoir. I've been wondering where it all ends up for some time now. Thank you. :)

Who has read this thread (Total: 172) View details