Web
Analytics
Question - - York | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Question - York

Ryan Kendra

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm new to this website and new to the urban exploring gig so I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any thing to go to that's derelict or abandoned in York

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
Yes I'd say sarcasm was intended.

Last time I looked Terry's main building was wrapped in scaffold and redevelopment was in full swing. That's got to be 5 months back now.

Use the search box on here to find stuff that's local to your area. Your best bet however is your own curiosity. Get out on foot and find something new. If it looks abandoned go for it. You might just find the next tourist spot in York.

Then I'm pretty sure sarcasm will turn into private messages asking "can I have access details please".

Good luck.

AndyK

Behind Closed Doors
Regular User
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic
Everyone is sarcastic on here! Terry's Chocolate Factory has been a mainstay on the exploring circuit for a long time. Tap York into the search box at the top of the page and you'll find the chocolate factory, and plenty of others. But head over to Google to do a bit of research, and just have a look around yourself; you'll know your home town better then anyone else, and finding new sites is much more rewarding.

Raz

28DL Regular User
Regular User
There's definitely a few half decent places in York worth taking a look at :) have a look on the forum and as others have said get out and have a look you'll be suprised what you come across

MattOnline

28DL Member
28DL Member
I'm stationed in York also and I haven't managed to find anywhere you can get into yet, if I find anything I'll post it here:)

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
As said, try the search box. I just came up with 20 pages with the reference York, some of them will still be doable. Get yourself out and have a look about too, leg work hasn't killed anyone :thumb

Scho264

The Scho
28DL Full Member
We tried nestle last week you get into the grounds without climbing but you really need to look . Once inside the grounds you would have to break in , massive no no .