real time web analytics
Report - - Zeche Heinrich Robert / Bergwerk Ost. Hamm, Germany – November 2015. | European and International Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Zeche Heinrich Robert / Bergwerk Ost. Hamm, Germany – November 2015.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I believe this is being demolished now so can be moved
I think it's only the steel headframe and some of the outbuildings which are due for demolition. The coal washery and the rest of the coal handling plant were unfortunately torn down several years ago. The hammerhead winding tower, power house, admin building, and bath house due to be preserved, at least from what I've heard.

Last edited:
Reactions: jST

jST

LLS.
Regular User
I think it's only the steel headframe and some of the outbuildings which are due for demolition. The coal washery and the rest of the coal handling plant were unfortunately torn down several years ago. The hammerhead winding tower, power house, admin building, and bath house due to be preserved, at least from what I've heard.

that’s good to know. The whole site is ripe for making into a massive public park with the hammerheadframe at the centre.

Terminal Decline

28DL Regular User
Regular User
that’s good to know. The whole site is ripe for making into a massive public park with the hammerheadframe at the centre.
There's a whole wave of colliery destruction going on over there, virtually all the sites which were reasonably intact a couple of years ago are now under demolition. A real shame as Germany had some of the largest, and most architecturally outstanding coal mining structures of all. Still, they've done a much better job at preserving their colliery heritage then we've managed...