real time web analytics
Report - - Zeche Hugo, Germany August 2010 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Zeche Hugo, Germany August 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
You know when you get songs stuck in your head and then even more annoyingly, odd phrases. All that was swimming around my head during our trip to Zeche Hugo was "Viccckkkkktorrrrrrr ooooooouuuuuuugo!" followed by the entire score of Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame. I also had trouble distinguishing "Zeche" from "Peche" which conjures up a different picture altogether. A mine made entirely of peaches! :eek:

We'd had a bit of a fail day in Germany because those back seat drivers decided to mess with the running order of my seamlessly prepared plan. You know who you are. So we arrived at the German abandonments on the wrong day which meant the stuff that Defender had given us to have a look at was full of workers. Tant pis! :(

A slightly tense and grumpy hour later, we finally got to Zeche Hugo which I was most excited about because anything that looks like it's come straight out of Fort Boyard/Crystal Maze is a winner as far as I'm concerned.

Getting in was no problem apart from the fact I fell out of a window and onto a metal table. The table broke trapping my poor little thigh in its snappy claws. The bruise was horrendous and looked like I'd had the back of my legs beaten by a truncheon.

Enough heart bleeding and onto the breathtaking bath house that really was the highlight of anything industrial we'd seen so far. It looked like a cross between Hannibal Lecter's bathroom if he had been into metalwork rather than eating people and the Twilight Zone.

I could have stood in here photographing for hours and still come away wanting more. We each had a go at winding the cages up and down and I left a little present in one of them. Congratulations for whoever finds it! You might be there for a while checking them all! :D

Here's the photos,

_DSC0811.jpg

_DSC0810.jpg

_DSC0809.jpg

_DSC0804.jpg

_DSC0803R.jpg

_DSC0801.jpg

_DSC0799.jpg

_DSC0791R.jpg

_DSC0788.jpg

_DSC0784.jpg

_DSC0782R.jpg