real time web analytics
Report - - Zeche L (DE) - July 2011. | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Zeche L (DE) - July 2011.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Zeche L

Untitled-5.jpg

IMG_6518.jpg

Another from last month's roadtrip and one of the many Zeches on our list, probably the most complete of those we had a nosey around. A bit of a wild card and only placed on the list the day before we left for the Ruhrgebiet, it was the last of our explores on that day and we didn’t arrive at the site until about teatime. After a long trek across the old sidings and avoidance of an engineer seeing to the sub-stations of the mine gas power plants we climbed into the mine buildings.

Closed in the mid 2000s, this mine consisted of two main shafts, one production and one personnel. It was also linked with another mine close by and shared underground roads.

Underground Photos:

Ecke2Osten.jpg

008.jpg

Some of the photos from our visit:

IMG_6582.jpg

IMG_6460.jpg

Lamp Room

IMG_6473.jpg

Clocking in corridor.

IMG_6476.jpg

IMG_6478.jpg

This mine had 5 different Kaue (Bath Houses) - one of the smaller jugendkaue.

IMG_6539.jpg

And the enormous double sided one:

IMG_6544.jpg

IMG_6549.jpg

Seen in operation here:

005.jpg

Cage entrance:

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6491.jpg

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6458.jpg

Coal riser.

IMG_6469.jpg

Production Shaft monitoring station. (shite photo - had just holstered tripod in preparation for Forderturm climb)

IMG_6525.jpg

IMG_6450.jpg

After our ascent to the top, local Polizei arrived at the front gate cutting our visit short and meaning going to the second tier of the Förderturm wasn't really feasible as it was time to GTFO, which we did with gusto.

IMG_6567.jpg

81950019.jpg

Ta :thumb

IMG_6454.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 5) View details