real time web analytics
Report - - Zeche M / Heinz, Germany - December 2014 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Zeche M / Heinz, Germany - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Zeche M/Heinz is a huge abandoned Bergwerk or coal mine in Germany. The underground pits extend great distances, and above ground the industrial site for processing the hard coal is certainly large-scale. The site has developed over the years so the complex of buildings and machinery are a combination of modern technology alongside older techniques.

A huge 55 meter tall tower houses two electric motors and winding gear for hoisting the miners and equipment into and out of the mineshaft. Each has its own control room to add to the epic look!

zeche-m-67.jpg

There are several rooms for the baskets in which the miners stored their clothing and personal belongings while they were mining. Each basket can the drawn up to the ceiling, out of reach, and locked in place to ensure the security of the items they contain.

The coal processing plant is extensive and contains a network of conveyors for transporting the coal around the site. Some of the machines are clearly older than others and some appear to have been out of commission for a lot longer than the the site has been closed.

zeche-m-15.jpg

zeche-m-16.jpg

zeche-m-17.jpg

zeche-m-14.jpg

zeche-m-10.jpg

zeche-m-11.jpg

zeche-m-24.jpg

zeche-m-27.jpg

zeche-m-29.jpg

zeche-m-64.jpg

zeche-m-43.jpg

zeche-m-40.jpg

zeche-m-52.jpg

zeche-m-34.jpg

zeche-m-49.jpg

zeche-m-61.jpg

zeche-m-62.jpg

zeche-m-55.jpg

zeche-m-66.jpg

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
You lads sure know how to compose a pic, far from blowing sunshine up arses, I'm merely pointing out the obvious, keep 'em coming and get some new shit up :p

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Wish i had stopped to see more of this place, rather than rushing to find the Kaue, sweet photo's.

Ant2011

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fantastic set of photos. And a very helpful report. I had seen those small cages before but had no idea what they were for!

I'd love to go here on my next Euro trip...