real time web analytics
Report - - Barry Callebaut Chocolate Refinery, Moreton - May 2024 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Barry Callebaut Chocolate Refinery, Moreton - May 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
May 2024

Visited with @stranton, @Shaun and @sam8327 one day, followed by another visit with @stranton and @Mr Budge. In my recent report on the Typhoo Tea Factory, I covered most of the site's history so I won’t repeat it again here.

The images below are from a section of the vast factory, which used to be home to Cadbury, following various takeover and management buyouts in its history the factory was divided into four smaller plots. Recently, this particular plot was occupied by the Swiss-owned Barry Callebaut chocolate company. From 2018 to May 2022, they ran a small chocolate refining business on the site. The Swiss firm, known as one of the largest chocolate suppliers in the world, acquired the site from Burton's Biscuit Company in 2018. They had 45 permanent employees and 19 agency workers at the site.

Sadly, in 2022 the company made the decision to shut down their Moreton location due to low efficiency. Two positions were relocated to their Cheshire factory while the rest of the employees were let go. Shortly after, they left the premises and returned it to Burtons. The building was then sold to Bellway, who is now building homes on the adjacent land. It seems likely that the building will not be standing for much longer, considering the current construction progress.

GRONK_Choc_Factory6.jpg

[1]

GRONK_Typhoo_Factory16.jpg

[2]

GRONK_Choc_Factory8.jpg

[3]

GRONK_Choc_Factory9.jpg

[4]

GRONK_Typhoo_Factory19.jpg

[5]

GRONK_Typhoo_Factory18.jpg

[6]