real time web analytics
Report - - Fire Tenders..Chester, April 2024 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fire Tenders..Chester, April 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
This is well trodden place but one I fancied seeing as I liked the look of the old fire tenders. A load of other old vehicles sit there as well and some rooms at the back filled with junk. There is a big house nearby but that was of no interest to us so never bothered. So me and my mate took the walk up the track whilst my other mate sat in the car because he was struggling with his leg. When I posted a pic on my Facebook the guy who owns the tower at Raynham said it loooked like an ex RAF MK9. Looking back at MK83s older report it seems they come to the same conclusion. They were also used in a civilian capacity at airports, which these ones would have been, at Blackpool airfield by the details on them. Used during the 70s into the 90s they were eventually replaced by more modern rear engines trucks. Five of these sit in the big shed and are pretty crammed in.

How they would have looked clean, a Millitary variant though.

5786-400x284.jpg

IMG_8838.jpeg

IMG_8839.jpeg

IMG_8841.jpeg

IMG_8842.jpeg

IMG_8843.jpeg

IMG_8844.jpeg

IMG_8845.jpeg

IMG_8846.jpeg

IMG_8847.jpeg

IMG_8848.jpeg

IMG_8849.jpeg

IMG_8850.jpeg

IMG_8851.jpeg

IMG_8852.jpeg

IMG_8853.jpeg

IMG_8854.jpeg

IMG_8855.jpeg

IMG_8856.jpeg

IMG_8857.jpeg

IMG_8859.jpeg

IMG_8860.jpeg

IMG_8861.jpeg

IMG_8862.jpeg

IMG_8863.jpeg

IMG_8864.jpeg

IMG_8865.jpeg

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Amazing set mate, pic 11 looking inside the cab is a personal favourite of mine. I kind of wish I did this when doing Milton Green last year.
Cheers mate, was prob my favourite as well. Would have liked linger here, but we felt bad for Chris in the car. I am surprised you did not pop in as only ten min walk from the depot.

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I did this place recently and out of all the numerous vehicle 'graveyards' I've done it was my absolute least favourite of the lot, probably because of how much of a goon spot it became.
Ha ha really. It did get hit hard I must admit, prob more than any vehicle place in a short spell. Medlars prob had more people but over a lot longer spell. I still enjoyed seeing the tenders.