real time web analytics
Report - - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - February 2015 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - North Wales Hospital, Denbigh - February 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
It's a big thread, so brace yourself. I visited the hospital with a friend who has just joined the forum, I've been to the hospital before but this was a first for Shimmy. We spent a good 4-5 hours in the hospital working your way round everything that we could find. I don't think we managed everything but we certainly did the vast majority of it. Loud banging from below in the nurses home led to some trails of urine :cool towards the end of the visit. Anyway here is some history from the tinterweb.

The North Wales Hospital (locally known as Denbigh Mental or Denbigh Asylum)[1] is a Grade II listed building. Designed by architect Thomas Full James, building started in 1844 and completed in 1848. Once a hospital for people with psychiatric illnesses, at its maximum capacity it could house 200 patients. It is located in Denbigh, Denbighshire, Wales.

On 22 November 2008, during work to renovate the building site and convert it to apartments and residential properties, the building caught fire; it was later confirmed that the main hall of the hospital was destroyed. Arson was suspected.[4]

Currently on the buildings at risk register, planning permission has currently lapsed. In 2011 the building was at risk of collapsing and no action was taken by the owners after an urgent works notice was issued, Denbighshire Council had no choice but to carry out repairs on the building which has reached £930,000.[5] In 2013, Denbighshire Council voted to press ahead with a compulsory purchase order on the building; the council, however, wish to reach an agreement with the owners before taking legal action. An estimated cost of repairing the building is £1 million.[

IMG_1617_zpsfgixkkk7.jpg

IMG_1231_zpspe9mzwq9.jpg

IMG_1237_zpsgzqpp276.jpg

IMG_1283_zpswmxjdtss.jpg

IMG_1317_zpssuczj04b.jpg

IMG_1340_zpsaddre0dq.jpg

IMG_1352_zpsybtfshty.jpg

IMG_1379_zpsnjjr9ec3.jpg

IMG_1385_zps8oej1kvq.jpg

IMG_1446_zpsqhwx2ttd.jpg

IMG_1553_zpsaossx42j.jpg

IMG_1488_zpswzjjiyqz.jpg

IMG_1470_zpsy0vz9ejj.jpg

IMG_1514_zpsrp2sqlrq.jpg

IMG_1584_zpsgpyu4zjf.jpg

IMG_1601_zps9gs0jm4t.jpg

IMG_1633_zpstjsubaqs.jpg

IMG_1684_zpsjstdof66.jpg

IMG_1665_zpszobg3t8a.jpg

IMG_1713_zpsh5o6rl2a.jpg

I'll stick the Nurses Home pictures in a separate thread as I think this one is big enough.
Thanks For Looking :thumb

--
Camera Used: Canon EOS 30D

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Nice to no yvette fielding is still a cunt:D good explore you had there...

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
Did you come across the faeces smeared on a wall calling someone else a cunt?

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
It's written in the long corridor close to the canteen, I'm sure it calls someone a cunt in a rather questionable looking brown paste and then someone has written "is this shit?" in market pen next to it.

Some of the graffiti in there is hilarious

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
It's written in the long corridor close to the canteen, I'm sure it calls someone a cunt in a rather questionable looking brown paste and then someone has written "is this shit?" in market pen next to it.

Some of the graffiti in there is hilarious

Very true, then there is stuff like this. I do feel sorry for the old guy, he's only trying to protect the place from the vandals. :(

IMG_1685_zpsunxza3rl.jpg

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
Apparently he was jumped a few months back for being a bit too confrontational with a group of lads. I feel sorry for him in one respect but he doesn't appear to have many people skills so it's inevitable that, that sort of stuff would happen.

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member
My apologies, its not insulting someone. (Sorry for potato quality, its a screenshot from a video I took on my phone)

16262164710_592b7eb684.jpg

coolboyslim

Mr Reality Hacker
28DL Full Member
I loved this place. I was lucky when i was there the stair cases and floors where accessible. Nice report