real time web analytics
28 Days Later Annual Meet, Sheffield, 13th April 2024 | General Exploring Chat Forum | Page 8 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

28 Days Later Annual Meet, Sheffield, 13th April 2024

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Hook me up with the drain deets please. We were planning to do some river mooching (weather permitting) anyway!

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Trains Home:
Thought I'd quickly chuck this here is case anyone has yet to say so.
If you're not planning on staying here is the current timetable for the last trains out of Sheffield (SHF) station.
This isn't a definitive timetable with all destinations, just a rough reference.

For further reference see these websites:
Real Time Trains
Trainline

South

To London Kings Cross: 20:11
TPE Service from Sheffield to Scunthorpe changing at Doncaster for the 20:48 LNER service to Kings Cross for 22:39
To London StPancras International: 20:30

EMR service to Leicester changing at East Midlands Parkway for the 21:37 EMR service to St-Pancras for 23:23

For people travelling further South of London and into areas such as Kent:
Services appear to be running fairly constant until Midnight. I'm not going to list each and every destination as there are loads.

East of England
If you take the service to London Kings Cross you should have enough time to connect to another service from Liverpool Street or St Pancras.
If you normally take a train into/out of Kings Cross it may be worth changing at Peterborough if you plan to go to Royston or Between Stevenage and Finsbury Park.
Most trains from London towards: Cambridge, Colchester, Norwich and so on will be bus replacements.
(You can to change for some of these services at: Peterborough)

West

You will need to take the service into London Kings Cross (20:11) to make it for the last few trains.
From Paddington your choices are:
Oxford: 23:33
Reading and Bristol: 23:30

From Marylebone:
Aylesbury: 00:10

North

Midlands

Chesterfield & Nottingham: 23:42
Derby: 23:20
Rotherham & Doncaster: 23:27
Worksop: 22:43
Barnsley & Penistone
lol :22:38
Leeds: 22:26
Birmingham
(New Street): 21:56

North-East:
Hull: 23:00
York: 22:26
- Change at Leeds
Newcastle: 21:12 - Change at Leeds

North-West:
Manchester: 22:24
Liverpool: 22:10
- Change at Manchester

Wales
To Cardiff: 19:43 -
Change at Stockport

In short:
If you're going towards London or the south-west, you may as well stay the night.

Webbs0710

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'll take deets for the drain explore if they're available, need to buy some waders... Is anything happening on the Friday, and if so, is there a rough time for meeting up?

I've got pins to hit on the way up north, I'll tailor my plans to suit if we have a time :thumb

raisinwing

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Not sure what time I'll be in Sheffield, but drain details would be appreciated if I'm up early enough!

Who has read this thread (Total: 485) View details