real time web analytics
Another newbie from London | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Another newbie from London

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Flood

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi 28DL folks,

I've been into Urban exploration as a kid in the 90s - I blame my parents for that.
I remember them taking me out an old abandoned villa back in the day and although I clearly did NOT appreciate the spiders, it must've awakened something in me, haha.

On another occasion, my dad took me to the old dutch HAWK air defense battery in the Grinder Forest near where I grew up in Germany.
It's sadly demolished now but I recall being fascinated by all the old military installations, some bunker doors someone abused for target practice (pretty sure I still have deformed 9mm bullets somewhere that I collected that day) aaaand disgusted by a dead pig decomposing there.

That didn't stop me and I used to regularly sneak around an old roofing felt factory in my neighborhood. It was half burned down and our skin always itched like hell there, especially in the summer. God knows what kind of crap was flying around from the old building. Maybe not a good idea in the end but it was sure as hell fun. We only had to deal with (alive) sheep too, and the angry shouts from the surrounding gardens occasionally when our sneaking wasn't so covert.

Now I live in London, all grown up but I really want to go on adventures again.
Apart from pretty much anything abandoned, I've been thinking about exploring some culverts and anything underground (shelters? Mines and quarries?) would really tickle my fancy.

I'm a bit of a chicken and would love to link up with anyone who's interested.

I've had a good look around here and have been lurking for a while. Maybe I'll be able to pull off soloing the Ravensbourne soon, get a report on here or find something else interesting. North Weald Redoubt looks pretty doable too.

Looking forward to some adventures and some nice finds posted on here!

Last edited:

zapx

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live in London and would definitely be interested in joining you, tho I'm a noob to this as well

TheJungleBeast

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the forum!
Been a few folks from London recently asking, maybe message each other ?
Good luck.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Just gave it a try, I'm wondering if I can't send PMs just yet as I'm not a full member yet... Or I'm just being derpy and didn't see any options
You'll need to make a few more posts before you become a full member, at which point you'll gain access to all features including private messaging. You can still receive PMs in the meantime.