real time web analytics
Report - - Belvoir Park Hospital, Belfast - Aug 2010 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Belvoir Park Hospital, Belfast - Aug 2010

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dachy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi everyone!

Firstly, I recognise that this collection of photos is from over a decade ago, if that is not allowed please just say and I will remove it again. This was more just to say hello, I did a little Urbex a long time ago and recently I bought a nice new camera and Photoshop and everything else with a view to dabbling in it again. I found this old collection of photos I took from Belvoir Park Hospital with my friend and my brother. I saw collections of photos from this site and had a real itch to explore it myself. We scouted the site once or twice then at 6am on a Sunday morning we gained access and shot these pics! I believe the Health Service ended up getting sued for failing to properly lock down sensitive data, records, even x-rays. I filtered out any photos containing names etc.

The site itself has been totally redeveloped and nice houses now occupy the land there. This began not long after our visit so I'm really glad we got to explore and photograph this really cool site. Enjoy!

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1162.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG

Last edited:

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Hi, welcome and thanks for posting. Yes, photos of historic explores are very welcome! Feel free to post up many more, and best of luck getting back into it.

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Best non-asylum hospital theres ever been. Sadly not really any reports that show the full extent of it. Proper fail not hammering the place!

dachy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Best non-asylum hospital theres ever been. Sadly not really any reports that show the full extent of it. Proper fail not hammering the place!

We took 60-70 photos of this place, I read in the beginner post advice to try and limit to 15 photos which was pretty tricky! I also didn't realise I uploaded two photos of armchairs lol. We covered every blade of grass in that place, entered every building, there was 24/7 security but they drove around on mopeds so you could hear them coming 😄 We were there for over 3 hours. I would have liked to visit it again but not long after the data leaks made the news and they bolstered security, then before you know it, it's been redeveloped into a swanky housing estate.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Its really good these places get documented. Many an old site is spotted on here by all sorts, old workers, patients etc. They have fond memories and love to see these reports.

Nice coverage there, that brick glass tower was something quite special :thumb

Speed

Got Epic Slow?
Regular User
Yeh looks like all your internal photos are from the modern cancer wards. Think that's what most people's photos are of. It's the original hospital wards that were the epic bit. The definition of creepy abandoned hospital! We visited in early 2009. Got in two of those old wards and both were epic. Sadly when we went back a year later they had been completely boarded so the one building we did get in had totally lost the vibe. Annoying.

dachy

28DL Member
28DL Member
Yeh looks like all your internal photos are from the modern cancer wards. Think that's what most people's photos are of. It's the original hospital wards that were the epic bit. The definition of creepy abandoned hospital! We visited in early 2009. Got in two of those old wards and both were epic. Sadly when we went back a year later they had been completely boarded so the one building we did get in had totally lost the vibe. Annoying.

I must have a closer look at the rest of my pictures. I uploaded about a third of them but we were in every single building. One or two buildings were a real pain to access, somebody had broken a window meaning one of the fire doors was able to be pushed open by reaching inside to the bar. Another building I had to climb up to a 1st floor window. Yeh I'm annoyed I only got one visit, Belfast isn't exactly coming down with abandoned hospitals and great places to explore but Belvoir was awesome.

weenans

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi everyone!

Firstly, I recognise that this collection of photos is from over a decade ago, if that is not allowed please just say and I will remove it again. This was more just to say hello, I did a little Urbex a long time ago and recently I bought a nice new camera and Photoshop and everything else with a view to dabbling in it again. I found this old collection of photos I took from Belvoir Park Hospital with my friend and my brother. I saw collections of photos from this site and had a real itch to explore it myself. We scouted the site once or twice then at 6am on a Sunday morning we gained access and shot these pics! I believe the Health Service ended up getting sued for failing to properly lock down sensitive data, records, even x-rays. I filtered out any photos containing names etc.

The site itself has been totally redeveloped and nice houses now occupy the land there. This began not long after our visit so I'm really glad we got to explore and photograph this really cool site. Enjoy!

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1059.JPG

IMG_1072.JPG

IMG_1073.JPG

IMG_1077.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

IMG_1101.JPG

IMG_1103.JPG

IMG_1108.JPG

IMG_1129.JPG

IMG_1146.JPG

IMG_1149.JPG

IMG_1162.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

IMG_1185.JPG

IMG_1189.JPG

IMG_1199.JPG

IMG_1200.JPG

IMG_1205.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1216.JPG
As of this July it has been turned into a building sight there are a number of security cameras that announce that it is a restricted area.

concretebb

28DL Member
28DL Member
As of August 2023, there are security cameras everywhere that play a "restricted area" message but I have friends who explored for over an hour just ignoring them and no security ever appeared!

Who has read this thread (Total: 146) View details