real time web analytics
Report - - Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Blackburn, June 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Blackburn Royal Infirmary, Blackburn, June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So on our little break in Lancashire and after exploring Moorcock Inn we decided to have a little drive to Blackburn and have a mooch around the old infirmary.

History of the place:

The Blackburn Royal Infirmary (BRI), was decommissioned in the summer of 2006, after a new hospital building was built at the existing Queens Park Hospital (QPH) site in the town, so to merge the two sites into a single hospital for Blackburn. Blackburn Royal Infirmary was first opened in 1865 but there have been extensions built in 1965 and 1980 to increase the number of beds & improve services. The War Memorial Wing of the infirmary, built soon after the First World War, is the only part of the hospital left standing when the rest of the building was razed to the ground to make way for housing. Leeds-based Ideal Care Homes wants to demolish the building and replace it with a three-storey, 64-bed care home with car parking and landscaping (subject to planning)

All I can say about this place is that it is totally trashed, never seen anything like it. Glad I got to visit the place before it gets demolished or whatever happens to the place, just a shame it wasn't sooner before it got destroyed inside.

Anyways, on with the pics.....

DSC_0478_zps60592644.jpg

DSC_0445_zps7caf60bc.jpg

DSC_0565_zps0612ae07.jpg

DSC_0623_zpsb79a4d48.jpg
DSC_0638_zps94ed7f69.jpg

DSC_0643_zpsf447f121.jpg

DSC_0587_zps01adc1f9.jpg

DSC_0521_zps6c176d79.jpg

DSC_0597_zpsb1007c7c.jpg

Last edited:

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice ones mate :thumb

Looks even more trashed than when we were there a while back.........if thats even possible lol

That said if you like peeling paint and wet plaster on the floor, it"s the place to go :)

Any "Dome" pics ?

Pinkman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report there fella, good shots of a pretty fucked up building!
When you said you explored the Moorcock Inn, are you talking about the pub sitting on the top of Caldervale?

man_gone_wrong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report there fella, good shots of a pretty fucked up building!
When you said you explored the Moorcock Inn, are you talking about the pub sitting on the top of Caldervale?

Cheers Fella:thumb

The Moorcock Inn is just outside Clitheroe if my memory serves me correct mate