real time web analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Churnet Valley Railway | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Lead or Rumour info - Churnet Valley Railway

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
Railway and police looking for these trespassers who cut a fence to get on site. Going on to a railway - even a heritage one is not a simple civil action as it can put people in danger - perhaps you recognise them. Date was Sunday 19th February. Once again few spoiling it for everyone else. The date on CCTV is obviously wrong

Trespasses-at-Churnet-Valley-750x750.jpg

westernsultan

Banned
Banned
I wish they hadn't blocked out their faces but the situation is if these pictures are published on sites like this without their permission they could try a claim against 28DL for infringement of privacy etc. Nonsense I know, but if you recognise them tell the railway or local police or copy the pictures to your social media sites. Damage was also done to infrastructure at a level crossing on the railway but not sure if this group were involved in that

tigger

mog
Regular User
I don't know much about the Chutney Valley railway except they seem to like ugly Merkin kettles.
It's pretty easy to just walk onto the railway in numerous places or pretty much step over other bits so no need to 'cut fences' 'with tools they carried'.
The railway has stated quite clearly that it's one individual who did damage on 20th and that the damage at Leekbrook is local residents and nothing to do with the Blobby Head Team.

As the railway and members of the public have posted photos on social media I don't see how the individuals who were trespassing would be able to claim that putting their mugshots on 28DL is an invasion of their privacy?.... and the idea they could prosecute the bulletin board is laughable.

Saltburndan1971

Banned
Banned
Well that's 6 minutes of my life I will never get back. A non post asking for information on six individuals trespassing... which is what this site is about .. faces blanked out .. but the potential criminal damage was maybe carried out by one person .. is this what 28 days later has come to?

CoblynauTroll

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hmmm... so reading the thread these idiot kids probably weren't responsible for the damage to a level crossing or fence cutting? They just wandered about like a bunch of <expletives> staring at their phones somewhere they should keep away from, but no actual damage or danger is known.

So.. suppose I knew all their names, addresses, shoe sizes and whatnot of these idiots (I have no idea who they are) and I tell the police, what'll happen? maybe they get a police caution, so that's a criminal record. Now you'll say "oh no it's not" or "technically yes, but it's spent immediately" but the trend currently is to demand previous convictions even if spent even when not relevant, there are cases of people being excluded from university for historic cautions on things as trivial as this.

What if they learned how to take half decent pics and posted here, would you still want the police involved?

So are you suggesting 28dl readers should seek to criminalise them, risking they get excluded from employment and education. While I absolutely don't endorse them being a bunch of total <expletives> and trespassing on a railway, I don't think the likely outcome if they are reported is a "win" for anyone really. It's a good thing I don't know who they are because if I said I did and said I wouldn't report them (while they caused no damage etc) you might be annoyed with me?

Shame them properly by showing their faces, or leave them alone.
Maybe even drop them down a Welsh mineshaft where I and my kind can feast on the flesh from their broken carcasses (yum yum), but don't go to the Police with this, that would also be acting like a <silly person>

Saltburndan1971

Banned
Banned
Hmmm... so reading the thread these idiot kids probably weren't responsible for the damage to a level crossing or fence cutting? They just wandered about like a bunch of <expletives> staring at their phones somewhere they should keep away from, but no actual damage or danger is known.

So.. suppose I knew all their names, addresses, shoe sizes and whatnot of these idiots (I have no idea who they are) and I tell the police, what'll happen? maybe they get a police caution, so that's a criminal record. Now you'll say "oh no it's not" or "technically yes, but it's spent immediately" but the trend currently is to demand previous convictions even if spent even when not relevant, there are cases of people being excluded from university for historic cautions on things as trivial as this.

What if they learned how to take half decent pics and posted here, would you still want the police involved?

So are you suggesting 28dl readers should seek to criminalise them, risking they get excluded from employment and education. While I absolutely don't endorse them being a bunch of total <expletives> and trespassing on a railway, I don't think the likely outcome if they are reported is a "win" for anyone really. It's a good thing I don't know who they are because if I said I did and said I wouldn't report them (while they caused no damage etc) you might be annoyed with me?

Shame them properly by showing their faces, or leave them alone.
Maybe even drop them down a Welsh mineshaft where I and my kind can feast on the flesh from their broken carcasses (yum yum), but don't go to the Police with this, that would also be acting like a <silly person>
Well said. Theres too many self righteous individuals on this site. We are ALL guilty of trespassing. The public perception of us is the same, whether it's a railway, factory, submarine power station or pub. Q

farmer.ned

magic.clean
28DL Full Member
in a sense i agree its no real difference to what we do when out exploring apart from abiding by the unwritten rule of taking nothing but pictures leave nothing but footprints by the way that section belongs to moorland and city railway the shareholders some of which are directors of the churnet valley and hire the section out to the churnet valley railway to run specials up to cauldon low the lease for this section is now owned by the cvr
wikipedia
In 2009 support for the CVR arrived in the form of Moorlands & City Railways Ltd (MCR), who acquired a 150-Year lease on the 8.5-mile Cauldon Branch, including trackwork at Leekbrook Junction, and with CVR’s assistance set about re-opening this as a freight route to the stone and cement quarries. Although at this point MCR failed to secure freight contracts, the line re-opened in November 2010 with weekend use by CVR Heritage passenger trains.

Last edited: