real time web analytics
Question - - Compstall Mill | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Compstall Mill

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
Anyone have an update about the state of the place? i can't seem to find many photos of the fire but it seemed pretty major, so i don't fancy wasting a day off on a shell, plus it cant be safe going inside considering the floors were already in a state before the fire

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
The floors were absolutely fine in there last year, they really weren't that bad.
I must’ve hit a bad patch as some parts were mega soft for me, especially on the upper floors

Then again it’s the first time I’ve dealt with mainly wood floors so I’m probably just being a pussy :D

But yeah I can’t get much abt the fire but the main building looks torched so god knows how it is now

albino-jay

g00n Buster
Staff member
I think its the upper floor of the main mill.

The floors were fine in there though i’m sure it was only the loft that was wooden the rest was just wooden floor covering

scarx

28DL Member
28DL Member
I believe it was the room full of old papers on one of the upper floors of the main mill that was set ablaze.

From what ive seen from the exterior, the damage doesn't seem too extensive as the fire brigade had it under control pretty fast.

I went down there on the night of the fire as i live in the area and i could see firefighters walking inside on the floors so the damage can't be too bad.

I think the fire was just in that one room i couldnt see any smoke damage on any other parts of the building except those few windows

Snapchat-1307417999.jpg
This was taken from the main road at the gate (i apologise for the quality i just took this as i was walking past)
Snapchat-338189867.jpg

This picture was taken from the lakeside

You can see faint smoke damage coming from the middle set of windows but nothing too extreme

Hope this helps

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
I believe it was the room full of old papers on one of the upper floors of the main mill that was set ablaze.

From what ive seen from the exterior, the damage doesn't seem too extensive as the fire brigade had it under control pretty fast.

I went down there on the night of the fire as i live in the area and i could see firefighters walking inside on the floors so the damage can't be too bad.

I think the fire was just in that one room i couldnt see any smoke damage on any other parts of the building except those few windows

Snapchat-1307417999.jpg
This was taken from the main road at the gate (i apologise for the quality i just took this as i was walking past)
Snapchat-338189867.jpg

This picture was taken from the lakeside

You can see faint smoke damage coming from the middle set of windows but nothing too extreme

Hope this helps
This is absolutely helpful thank you very much, I’ll try give it a visit during the holidays and see the full state on it as it’s been some time since a report last went up, I’ll just take some extra precautions in case there is an noteworthy damage

But this is very helpful thank you very much, and convenient that it’s the room with all the papers, I’m glad I took those early 1900 documents out when I could!