real time web analytics
Exploring in Manchester | New Members Introduction | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Exploring in Manchester

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

TheAsifDoesSales

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Would anyone like to meet up and explore parts of manchester? i only know of the enterence to the underground market next to arndale, and the fact that the norther quarter carpark has a nice view if you climb up the radio tower

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Welcome to 28!

You'll find that people on here are reluctant to meet up with someone they don't know is genuine, you're best getting out there with a few mates and sticking up a few reports first. Once they know you're not Secca/ building owners etc they'll be a lot more open to the idea.

It is also a good idea to give the Survival Guide a read to get started: 28 Days Later Survival Guide for Newbies. | New Members Introduction

Happy exploring

TheAsifDoesSales

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

VC1

28DL Member
28DL Member
i remember it being open and going there to buy my jeans. I'm getting old.

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
wouldn't advise climbing a radio tower esp if there's communication equipment,

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
wouldn't advise climbing a radio tower esp if there's communication equipment,

A couple of years back, there were a couple of goons on YouTube who decided to imitate @slayaaaa's mast climb.

However, they didn't bother with any preparation and simply showed up out of the blue, they didn't meet their demise during the climb, but he did manage to cook themselves a bit on the mast. I'm not quite sure what became of him after that though...

Last edited:

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A couple of years back, there was this guy on the Facebook page who decided to imitate @slayaaaa's mast climb.

However, this tit didn't bother with any preparation and simply showed up out of the blue, he didn't meet his demise during the climb, but he did manage to cook himself a bit on the mast. I'm not quite sure what became of him after that though...

Interesting! I'd be very surprised if he hurt himself on any of the one's I've climbed (unless he was hanging around an auxiliary transmitter on the way up for a long time) none of the main transmitters were working at the time (or since AFAIK) else I wouldn't have been up them myself. That being said, I'm no engineer, I'd never advise anyone climbed any mast just because it is still a huge risk.

Always worth linking this classic thread!

Were these the guys that went up Moel-y-parc while it was on? I never looked into what happened to those guys but if they climbed through the main transmitter whilst it was on full steam, they can expect some pretty grim repercussions. The active larger transmitters are not to be messed with.

There's quite a few masts I'd love to climb, but there are so many ways these things can severely harm or kill you.

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
Interesting! I'd be very surprised if he hurt himself on any of the one's I've climbed (unless he was hanging around an auxiliary transmitter on the way up for a long time) none of the main transmitters were working at the time (or since AFAIK) else I wouldn't have been up them myself. That being said, I'm no engineer, I'd never advise anyone climbed any mast just because it is still a huge risk.
I might be misremembering who posted the original thread in that case.

Yeah, it was Moel-y-Parc that I'm thinking of. Just had a look and the ERP of that is about 100,000w so they've undoubtably baked potatoed themselves.