real time web analytics
Report - - Fairfield Industrial Park - Pelaw May/August 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Fairfield Industrial Park - Pelaw May/August 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DeadintheGrave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hello Hello, first time poster on this site but I've been urbexing for a little over a year now and have a lot of locations to show off. If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve my posting, formatting etc let me know

History
This site has only been abandoned since 2019 and it's oddly hard to find much about its history. From what i have researched it seems the site was closed down due to it being unsafe due to frequent fires which (according to a local) was caused by constant trespassers breaking in, stealing things and setting fires when the buildings were closed after hours. According to google the buildings within the park consisted of an Industrial Finishing company, 'The Mortgage Index', 'Huddart David' manufacturing, 'Vitalis' Plumbing and 'Lologoo Wholesale' Fashion Accessories however there are many other buildings that have not been marked.

The Explore
Going into this explore me and my mate (Piko) were sceptical as we didn't know if this was fully abandoned or whether it had security or not. After trekking through a few bushes we encounter out first building of the area (pic from later in the explore)
IMG_2443.JPG

Unfortunately the Entry to this building was too tough for both of us so we had to move onto the next. After following the old road we enter an open space and we instantly got excited seeing how many different and interesting areas there were to this place but one in particular captivated us, the warehouse. This warehouse towered over every other building in terms of its height so we immediately try to find our way there. Navigating the old stairs and pushing through brambles the warehosue emerged right in front of us.
IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

Luckily for us this was super easy to enter. We start to explore the warehouse where we find the offices, painting room, lockers, equipment storage, the whole lot. Everything, while still preserved, was covered with this odd foam like concrete which we later discovered to be a type of paint being either made or applied within the warehouse which, when exposed to fire, would swell up and harden in an effort to stop the fire. Some pics of the interior-
IMG_0387.JPG

IMG_2176.JPG

IMG_2187.JPG

I'll show off a few of the interesting items we found in the warehouse here-
IMG_2234.JPG

a map of the UK behind welders goggles
IMG_2226.JPG

IMG_2191.JPG

IMG_0395.JPG

just a few of the many respirators we found
IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2224.JPG

Harnesses and eye protection
IMG_2182.JPG

A drill covered in the hardened paint
IMG_0392.JPG

IMG_2205.JPG

A Picture and a few odd photographs we found
IMG_2170.JPG

IMG_2204.JPG

IMG_0400.JPG

A few random pieces we found, the drawers located in a room filled with old letter stencils
IMG_2169.JPG

IMG_2183.JPG

The paint
IMG_2209.JPG

IMG_2229.JPG

IMG_2230.JPG

IMG_2214.JPG

A few bits from the lockers and equipment storage and the only remaining personal box

IMG_0396.JPG

Old Hamster cage, hopefully the hamster wasn't still in
Unfortunately some of the pictures of other items we found weren't great but we found a case of old floppy discs, an old tv from the early 2000s, Chemical burn aid kits and random powders/paints.
I have lots more to show of this location and to continue the rest of the story so if you guys want a part 2 please let me know!

Last edited:

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Decent first report. The images maybe could be bigger, they look fine on the phone but on tablet look small, first three are ok but rest small. Not sure if pressing “insert full image“ puts it in full size. Look forward to more stuff.

DeadintheGrave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Decent first report. The images maybe could be bigger, they look fine on the phone but on tablet look small. Not sure if pressing “insert full image“ puts it in full size. Look forward to more stuff.
thanks! i wasnt sure if they were too big so i sized them down haha, ill keep that in mind for my next one :)