real time web analytics
Report - - Ferrybridge-C (June 2019) | UK Power Stations | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ferrybridge-C (June 2019)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jones-y-gog

Putting the fun in dysfunctional
Regular User
This stone cold classic needs no introduction and has been documented before but as it takes a fair bit of effort to crack a place like this I thought it would be a shame for my shots to just sit gathering dust on a hard drive. Getting into the site was relatively stress-free but a little later we suddenly heard a van approaching and with no way to hide properly we thought we were certainly going to have an embarrassing early exit. Luckily it turned off into a building just before it would have gone past us. Then halfway up the entrance 'portal' my mate had a worryingly bad coughing fit due to the coal dust. We seemed to spend ages traipsing around trying to find the epic control room (wondering why on earth there weren't signs for somewhere so important, right?!) It made us realize just how colossal the size of places like this are. Once we found it we spent a fair while in there, like kids in a sweet shop. Finally done there we headed for the turbine hall and various other areas but soon realized that there were also workers around, somewhere. We could have spent many more hours obviously but thought it best not to push our luck so made what turned out to be a memorable and slightly comical exit.

31.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

18.jpg

25.jpg

27a.jpg

30.jpg

29.jpg

IMG_5737_8_9_tonemapped cropped.jpg

TalkingMask

Professional Twat
28DL Full Member
This stone cold classic needs no introduction and has been documented before but as it takes a fair bit of effort to crack a place like this I thought it would be a shame for my shots to just sit gathering dust on a hard drive. Getting into the site was relatively stress-free but a little later we suddenly heard a van approaching and with no way to hide properly we thought we were certainly going to have an embarrassing early exit. Luckily it turned off into a building just before it would have gone past us. Then halfway up the entrance 'portal' my mate had a worryingly bad coughing fit due to the coal dust. We seemed to spend ages traipsing around trying to find the epic control room (wondering why on earth there weren't signs for somewhere so important, right?!) It made us realize just how colossal the size of places like this are. Once we found it we spent a fair while in there, like kids in a sweet shop. Finally done there we headed for the turbine hall and various other areas but soon realized that there were also workers around, somewhere. We could have spent many more hours obviously but thought it best not to push our luck so made what turned out to be a memorable and slightly comical exit.

31.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

16.jpg

21.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

18.jpg

25.jpg

27a.jpg

30.jpg

29.jpg

IMG_5737_8_9_tonemapped cropped.jpg
Really wish I could’ve seen one of these behemoths, I didn’t really how MASSIVE these places are but goddamn that excavator looks minuscule there

I can’t even put it into words like that is absolutely insane, I hope I can see one some day before they’re gone for good