real time web analytics
Report - - Finsbury Underground Reservoir, LON - October 2014 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Finsbury Underground Reservoir, LON - October 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After seeing so many class reports from this place i knew i"d have to finally make the long journey from Yorkshire down to the big smoke.... admittedly via Surrey :)

Finsbury Park Reservoir is also known as Hornsey Wood Reservoir, built @ 1867 for the East London Water Company & capable of holding 5,000,000 gallons of water.

Recently only capable of holding members of various Forums....& the Facebook crew ;)

By the time i forced my way through rush hour traffic & arrived at the Park it was already dark and the Park was locked up. Wellies on & over the fence, P7 on low and off i wander thinking it didn"t look like this on Google Earth :)

One thing i never saw on GE was strange blokes stood just out of view or behind trees just off the main path in the dark...alone. Every time i raised the P7 to look around it seems i"d lamp one of the F@ckers :gay and heres me wandering about alone in black Rubber Boots Huffing & Puffing :freak ;)

It"s seems FP comes alive after dark and as i was wearing "Fuck Me" aftershave my luck was in....unfortunately not so lucky in finding the entrance in the dark without wanting to attract any more admirers than i already had :) so cue a 20 min wait sat on the banking with my Arse firmly planted on the ground watching the Wildlife doing it"s thing :bananapopcorn while i hassled my old mate The_Raw for some info (cheers mate :thumb) low & behold i"m stood 10ft away lol

I made my rushed entrance as the nearby Wildlife suddenly seemed occupied with other things & down i slid hoping i didn"t land on something hard :)

This pics of this place don"t do it justice, as to it"s actual size, it"s bloody massive & massively impressive as i new it would be.

My main issue was craping it, being solo inside....

I only took @ 30 pics in total as i was rushing to get out PDQ & even my Lenser 850L headtorch had trouble lighting the place up (bless it) could really have done with a few buddies to light up the sides a bit better and for safety in numbers.

All i"ve done since is kick myself for not staying down longer, even though as i popped out and re sealed there was a group heading towards me,i ran off to the perimeter fence and leapt over it & headed off to my car......in the wrong direction = 20 mins of Londoners pointing at a silly bloke dressed all in black in Toecap Wellies, Huffing & Puffing.

I stood out in Finsbury....Yaaaaaa

15621947930_0d7d51e14b_c.jpg

15621369188_c71eacf3f8_c.jpg

15187318763_2ec27c3d12_c.jpg

15621574947_6aa19c9ff7_c.jpg

15187338183_bdaccce494_c.jpg

15783107086_7b6cb22849_c.jpg

15621590947_4413a0cf50_c.jpg

15621939550_0527bbbbae_c.jpg

15187313903_1c02b3141e_c.jpg

15620963409_7e0486ca79_c.jpg

15790573326_b542901221_c.jpg

View attachment 615432

15621374778_a02142b869_c.jpg

15194809873_cc403f94cc_c.jpg

Sorry for the Waffle

Lenston

Bajo Tierra
Regular User
Re: Finsbury Park, Underground Reservoir. October 2014

Nice mate, i really love this place :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Finsbury, Underground Reservoir. October 2014

Cheers matey :)

Although i"m not totally happy with them, i should have risked it & stayed down longer....but then again when you get that feeling it"s bail out time ;)

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User

Nice job specially being on your own.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

that's looking good mate some very good shots of the place :thumb

Cheers matey :)

Although i"m not 100% happy with them TBH. Lack of time etc but when you get that feeling it"s time TGTFO :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice mate, i really love this place :thumb

Cheers mate.

I knew it would be impressive from all the good pics previously posted across the Forums:)

But in the flesh it"s certainly something else :)

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice job specially being on your own.

Cheers mate......less EGO"s & tripod legs solo :D

It"d been 3 long days down South & 2 of those solo, this was the icing on the cake for me personally, even more than CMH & more so as it was my last explore as i was completely wrecked everything else i"d planned was binned :)

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Killer shots man, the place is epic. The arches are very photogenic. No doubt a fisheye would distort them quite pleasantly I reckon. :D

Thanks for sharing. :thumb

sirjonnyp

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

By the time i forced my way through rush hour traffic & arrived at the Park it was already dark and the Park was locked up. Wellies on & over the fence, P7 on low and off i wander

Mate there's more holes in that fence than my mum's tights :D the green lanes North entrance doesn't even have a gate at the moment. Cool pics though.

GAJ

Mr Muscle
28DL Full Member

On the right night you can usually find plenty of oversized Manfrotto waving, gasmask wearing people carrying bags full of crayons to ask for the way in :p:

Good stuff dude, & I'm really glad people still get to see this place :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Killer shots man, the place is epic. The arches are very photogenic. No doubt a fisheye would distort them quite pleasantly I reckon. :D

Thanks for sharing. :thumb

Cheers fella :)

Yeah maybe it would ? i didn"t think a walk back to the car to try it out was recommended

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Mate there's more holes in that fence than my mum's tights :D the green lanes North entrance doesn't even have a gate at the moment. Cool pics though.

Should be really, but it got whored out massively. Even when it gets sealed it's open within a few weeks normally. Ten minutes down the road from, pretty cool place for my local :D

Cheers SJP

Yeah i noticed all the openings after i was out lol

Nice local mate, looks like it"s very active going off all the debris i didn"t have time to move out of shot lol

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

On the right night you can usually find plenty of oversized Manfrotto waving, gasmask wearing people carrying bags full of crayons to ask for the way in :p:

Good stuff dude, & I'm really glad people still get to see this place :thumb

I"m surprised i didn"t see anyone in a Gasmask TBH and not exploring lol

Cheers mate, all following in your footsteps :)

Makes you wonder how many more epic reservoirs are just waiting for the Circus :)

Snake Oil

go in drains
28DL Full Member

top set of pics, I love seeing reports of this place :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nicely lit those! Let us know if you're in the area again and fancy a trip, I only live around the corner and love drinking cans down there.

Can we not keep it NP a little longer and still pretend? I'd hate to have to go to the local pub instead of here.

Tried my best with the little Lenser :)

My drinking days seem to have ended along with my page 3 days lol

Was hoping to get a weekend down in the Big Smoke maybe the meet weekend ? so who knows :)