real time web analytics
General Photo Thread | Photo Threads | Page 131 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

General Photo Thread

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
That sucks, I've done similar but a while back. What happened? How come you couldn't recover them?
I use to process my photos on computer with affinity photo. I then bought a new iPad and you could get the desktop version on that. So now do them in my iPad. Once I have posted my photos I put them on my hard drive. I thought I had iCloud on and had to reset my iPad for something. Bang everything had gone has did not have iCloud on. And trying to retrieve from apple is a nightmare. I managed to get some from the memory cards, Flickr, Facebook. But most in the memory cards I retrieved were butterflies, bees and mushrooms ha ha. I now make sure Icloud is on, and back then up on Amazon photos as well soon as done.

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
I had something similar years back when Dropbox had a hissy fit and reset everything, deleting the root folder from both computers. I had a panicked moment thinking I’d lost everything until a combination of an old hard drive and using a recovery programme saved everything.

Apple Is shit for recovering stuff, sorry you lost everything

Mikeymutt🐶

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I had something similar years back when Dropbox had a hissy fit and reset everything, deleting the root folder from both computers. I had a panicked moment thinking I’d lost everything until a combination of an old hard drive and using a recovery programme saved everything.

Apple Is shit for recovering stuff, sorry you lost everything
It was my own fault. If it had been in an android tablet or windows computer I prob could have recovered them quite easily. But apple does not like being recognised on the laptop. None of the recovery programmes wanted to know. Least you got lucky thankfully.

TheTimeChamber

Torch Wavker
Regular User
It was my own fault. If it had been in an android tablet or windows computer I prob could have recovered them quite easily. But apple does not like being recognised on the laptop. None of the recovery programmes wanted to know. Least you got lucky thankfully.
Spoke is quite bad for that sort of stuff imo.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
I use to process my photos on computer with affinity photo. I then bought a new iPad and you could get the desktop version on that. So now do them in my iPad. Once I have posted my photos I put them on my hard drive. I thought I had iCloud on and had to reset my iPad for something. Bang everything had gone has did not have iCloud on. And trying to retrieve from apple is a nightmare. I managed to get some from the memory cards, Flickr, Facebook. But most in the memory cards I retrieved were butterflies, bees and mushrooms ha ha. I now make sure Icloud is on, and back then up on Amazon photos as well soon as done.
Yeah that sucks Mikey but you got some good shots recovered - were they edited already? I can't honestly recommend Amazon photos enough. I've not found a site better for both storage and sharing photos, full size and unlimited quantity with prime. All you have to do is copy the link to share a photo album with someone.

Here's a few pictures from a local derpy nursery I visited recently:

Grangefield Nursery (7 of 25).jpg

Grangefield Nursery (4 of 25).jpg

Grangefield Nursery (14 of 25).jpg

Grangefield Nursery (20 of 25).jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 2493) View details