real time web analytics
Report - - Guibal Fanhouse, Eston Hills - January 2021 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Guibal Fanhouse, Eston Hills - January 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Urbanwardy

28DL Member
28DL Member
So am new to urban exploring and yesterday found our first place up in the hills was a total surprise when we came across it there was what looked to be a underground part to it but due to me having walking shoes on and the water been knee high we decided to go back later with the proper footwear I will upload more photos when I return
487261DC-B04E-4244-9FF0-D12947399D4E.jpeg
81A54D0A-3932-4B7C-A9E9-A166031E37CC.jpeg
2957E6AA-7A54-4705-84CB-2292A0863873.jpeg
B3C397EA-244A-467F-B51C-E618F811490A.jpeg
AD690F3F-45F6-494C-883F-50424E42282D.jpeg
ADBE660F-C27A-45BB-B49A-944DB761867F.jpeg
6EC84888-9185-4200-BE67-F0AE9181B3C7.jpeg
3E70DCD0-1F13-45F6-914A-D3FF42862C5B.jpeg

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Not cool exploring during lockdown,
Your 'report' also needs to follow site guidelines/rules on posting ie proper title with area (nearest city, town or village) and date, some history of the place along with description of your explore.
A lot of us aren't interested in portraits either, someone swinging on a rope doesn't show anything interesting.

Welcome to the site!

Have a read of the following link to help you get a feel of the site and how things work:

And have a read of this guide to help you posting a report:

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Interesting place thanks for sharing look forward to other photos :thumb

got to be carful not to put every new member of this site people I think in my views , I been going out Within reasonable distance and walking many sites similar to this , also just my view again nothing wrong with people shots we have a section for them , at least the old boys having a laugh .

Last edited:

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
Rules are rules and if we didn't have them the world would be in chaos, I know you're out exploring during lockdown d&b and you know my thoughts on that but if we don't start these noobs off on the right foot they will never know any better.
What I said is no different to what every other noob gets told so it shouldn't be an issue to any of our regulars.
Correct, we do have people shots and general photo sections but this isn't in those of course.
Stay safe people.

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
Hi, welcome along and thanks for taking the time to post your first report.
As mentioned, some work on the thread title was needed - I've gone ahead and edited that for you, based on information provided in the comments above.

Nice one spotting it and going back for a proper look - that's what exploring is all about, and even if you don't know what it is, it's worth posting as members are often able to provide more information.

Down and beyond

The true source of englands wealth is coal
Regular User
Rules are rules and if we didn't have them the world would be in chaos, I know you're out exploring during lockdown d&b and you know my thoughts on that but if we don't start these noobs off on the right foot they will never know any better.
What I said is no different to what every other noob gets told so it shouldn't be an issue to any of our regulars.
Correct, we do have people shots and general photo sections but this isn't in those of course.
Stay safe people.
I am not digging at you directly scoob sorry it’s come across this way I am sure you no by now if I did want to I would of quoted your post , I am just saying it in general as a overall view of mine .

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
I know mate and I'm not getting at you, we all justify everything to ourselves. I just think new people should know the lay of the land from day one, we got put in our place when we first joined, it makes us stronger.
You know me, if I was being nasty to the guy I wouldn't have stopped at saying its uncool that's me being really nice lol.
We are both still out and working everyday as essential workers so I do appreciate certain lockdown rules seem silly. I still can't get over the school situation keep them closed imho.

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Always nice to see new members joining this hobby. A few good snaps, looking forward to you going back. All I would say is take on board whats been said. Formatting produces the best reports.

Stay safe, use judgement . Warm welcome to 28DL. And the the hell is a Fanhouse lol

Exploring with Andy

Behind Closed Doors
Staff member
And the the hell is a Fanhouse lol
Mines need ventilation to remove all the dangerous gasses, so they have a fanhouse, housing a huge fan which draws air through the workings and expels it through the huge chimney kind of structure visible in the wider shot above. The motor required to drive the fan is usually about the size of a car, so pretty big!

Who has read this thread (Total: 289) View details