real time web analytics
Report - - Hosey mine - Kent- April 24 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hosey mine - Kent- April 24

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User
Nicely done matey, I remember first going in there 5 years back when there was a bar removed from the grill. Definitely a backbreaker to say the least :p
It was indeed mate, we should arrange something soon 👍

marcman

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
?.C.Bushell Watkins & ?

There was a brewery company with very similar name (Bushell, Watkins & Smith I think) in Kent. Their logo also had an eagle with spread wings and your photo shows something like that ?
Yeah, that's definitely right. The logo is from an earlier version of the brewery's name 'B C Bushell, Watkins & Co. Ltd' and would date from between 1897 - 1899:

Bushell, Watkins & Smith Ltd, Black Eagle Brewery, Westerham, Kent.

Brewery founded c.1840. Registered July 1894 as B.C.Bushell & Co. Ltd. with 63 public houses.

Acquired Watkins & Son, Swan Brewery, Hosey Hill, Westerham 1897 and name changed to B C Bushell, Watkins & Co. Ltd. and finally as above when Alfred Smith & Co, of Sevenoaks were acquired in 1899.

Doozer

Probably underground somewhere
Regular User
Yeah, that's definitely right. The logo is from an earlier version of the brewery's name 'B C Bushell, Watkins & Co. Ltd' and would date from between 1897 - 1899:

Bushell, Watkins & Smith Ltd, Black Eagle Brewery, Westerham, Kent.

Brewery founded c.1840. Registered July 1894 as B.C.Bushell & Co. Ltd. with 63 public houses.

Acquired Watkins & Son, Swan Brewery, Hosey Hill, Westerham 1897 and name changed to B C Bushell, Watkins & Co. Ltd. and finally as above when Alfred Smith & Co, of Sevenoaks were acquired in 1899.
Now I’m wondering whether they used it to store their kegs in 🤔, thanks for the info though mate 👍