real time web analytics
Report - - Hydroelectric Generating Station, Tarquinia, August 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Hydroelectric Generating Station, Tarquinia, August 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Idroelettrica Tarquinia
Being only a few miles from where we were staying it would have been rude no to pop by this small powerstation on the outskirts of a small Italian town.

There isn't too much history on the place, or at least from what I could find, and no older maps reveal anything of value.
The station is a small building presumably for powering a neighboring facility, which is likely, considering the large somewhat derelict factory next door. It sits above a small stream diverted from the main river with two turbines used to generate power.
The building doesn't look that out of place in rural Italy and you'd be forgiven thinking it was a shed situated in the midst of nothing.
And that's it really. If anyone is able to provide any more information it would be appreciated.

The Visit
After a quick shopping trip we headed here expecting a quiet and picturesque landscape taking us to the structure and, well, no. It appeared the station was now surrounded by 6ft high grass laced with mosquitoes and whatever else may lurk beneath. Adding to that the only reasonable route was along an industrial yard alive with locals dumping rubbish and scrap.
Eventually we wandered through the grass, a decision I would later regret, and jumped in.

Overview of the room.
View attachment

From the ground.

An individual turbine.

Between the units

Again. Between the units.

And down the side.

That'll be all.

jST

LLS.
Regular User
Can't believe nobody has half inched that orange sign yet.

The mosquitos are something else in Italy, I climbed into the penstock here out of interest mainly and there was a little standing water in there... I wasn't in there long to say the least.

KPUrban_

Regular User
Can't believe nobody has half inched that orange sign yet.

The mosquitos are something else in Italy, I climbed into the penstock here out of interest mainly and there was a little standing water in there... I wasn't in there long to say the least.
Yeah. Went into the little bit below, down the stairs, and was instantly ambushed by the entire cast of bugs life.

trikey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sounding like a complete tart use Avon skin so soft, mozzies hate it, I bathe in it before exploring in mozzie infested places.

KPUrban_

Regular User
Sounding like a complete tart use Avon skin so soft, mozzies hate it, I bathe in it before exploring in mozzie infested places.
I'll make note of that. And probably forget only to wish I'd noted it better.:D