real time web analytics
Report - - I-Quarter - Sheffield - June 2014 | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - I-Quarter - Sheffield - June 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Sheffield’s I-Quarter is a seventeen story high specification residential development, set against the banks of the river Don, overlooking the city centre. It was fully completed in 2008 and although it was a £25 million scheme, it is only valued at £1-2million. Much of the exterior is constructed of glass (3,300m2 to be precise) and aluminium panels. The complex predominantly offers two bedroom apartments and four additional duplex penthouse apartments - in total these amount to 123 apartments. Amongst its many features Sheffield’s I-Quarter boasts of its two communal roof gardens, a managed concierge service, onsite parking facilities and CCTV that is in operation throughout the building. Surprisingly, the developers do not mention anything about the spectacular views the building has to offer.

Although this particular site has been covered a few times now, we felt that it was essential to tick it off the list. However, to add a little character, and make things a little different, we decided to photograph Sheffield as the sun set across the city. Hopefully we captured this! We would have liked to take more long exposure night-time shots, but, we had to make a hasty exist. A special thanks to *********** for completing the final piece of the puzzle for us regarding access.

1: The River Don

DSC_0416_zps2b6ae509.jpg

2: Access/Window Cleaning Rig

DSC_0406_zpsf1be404e.jpg

3: Rig Rails

DSC_0421_zps4a73559b.jpg

4: The First Glimpses of the Moon

DSC_0410_zps2e3cd3d1.jpg

5: The Main Event - Sheffield's Sunset

DSC_0409_zpsc2b226dd.jpg

DSC_0413_zps48bd51ca.jpg

DSC_0442_zps34f72848.jpg

DSC_0450_zps9cbef1d6.jpg

DSC_0453_zps8fed978e.jpg

DSC_0484_zpsff78a494.jpg

DSC_0487_zps2339ce9d.jpg

Boomstick84

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report!

Great views and the pics of the sunrise setting over the horizon are belters, the clouds look almost smoky. Do love a cloudy sunset shot!

:thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Liking these mate :thumb

Spent a while trying to include this building in my Cityscape shots, always wondered what the view would be like from the top, and why the lack of activity from inside it!

Nice to see you"ve included the Urbex Car/Tour bus parking spot for the Courts in pic 1 lol

Who has read this thread (Total: 2) View details