real time web analytics
Report - - Ingress Abbey Tunnels Greenhithe (April 2024) | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ingress Abbey Tunnels Greenhithe (April 2024)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Explore With Alex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
There are many tunnels in the area of Greenhithe by the Ingress Abbey what fun fact was abandoned in the 1980s I wasnt able to get inside all the tunnels and other stuff that is in the area but I did manage to get pictures of the outside if any of you guys want to try to get access the tunnels were called The Follies, Georgian Garden Tunnel and many more what I'm nor sure lf there names I have also inclued some pictures of The Grange A archway what I climbed up onto and got some pictures (Sorry about the text as do nor know much of the history) Here are the Pictures:

IMG_2991.jpeg

IMG_2993.jpeg

IMG_2992.jpeg

IMG_2987.jpeg

IMG_2981.jpeg

IMG_2979.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

IMG_2933.jpeg

IMG_2931.jpeg

IMG_2941.jpeg

IMG_2943.jpeg

IMG_2935.jpeg

IMG_2944.jpeg

IMG_2950.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

IMG_2949.jpeg

IMG_2945.jpeg

IMG_2946.jpeg

IMG_2940.jpeg

IMG_2936.jpeg

IMG_2934.jpeg

IMG_2928.jpeg

IMG_2929.jpeg

IMG_2930.jpeg

IMG_2927.jpeg

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I did have a report up about this place. I had film photos from the 1980s when the abbey was derelict and the runnels were accessible and up to date photos of the tunnels today and the abbey itself. But its disappeared.
Even had new owner of the abbey contact me for more old photos and said he would send pics from inside the new restoration. But all got lost on the big changes the site undertook a few years ago.

This was my playground as a kid.

Explore With Alex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I did have a report up about this place. I had film photos from the 1980s when the abbey was derelict and the runnels were accessible and up to date photos of the tunnels today and the abbey itself. But its disappeared.
Even had new owner of the abbey contact me for more old photos and said he would send pics from inside the new restoration. But all got lost on the big changes the site undertook a few years ago.

This was my playground as a kid.
Oh wow I have seen A few pictures of when the abbey was derelict in the 1980s as my dad said he use to go in there and play as he was born in 1970 most of the tunnels are sealed but A few of them people have dug little holes under the gates to get through shame that the report got lost would of love to seen it

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Oh wow I have seen A few pictures of when the abbey was derelict in the 1980s as my dad said he use to go in there and play as he was born in 1970 most of the tunnels are sealed but A few of them people have dug little holes under the gates to get through shame that the report got lost would of love to seen it
Sounds like your dad was local to that area. Could even know him :hmm

Calamity Jane

Regular User
His second name would of been Bramble at the time I believe use to always be out and about in the derelict houses in Swanscombe
No, that surname doesnt ring a bell. The Adrian I knew did move to Swanscombe, like myself after teenage years. But he had 2 brothers and a sister. So dont think its the same one. Probably did see him about though. Especially if he was a Swanscombe pub drinker back in the 90s

Explore With Alex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
No, that surname doesnt ring a bell. The Adrian I knew did move to Swanscombe, like myself after teenage years. But he had 2 brothers and a sister. So dont think its the same one. Probably did see him about though. Especially if he was a Swanscombe pub drinker back in the 90s
Yea you probably didnt know him as he only had 2 brothers and he barely used to drink and yea you probably saw him out and about