real time web analytics
Report - - Johnsons Building, Liverpool, July 2021 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Johnsons Building, Liverpool, July 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Shaun

28DL Regular User
28DL Full Member
History:This is what remains of Johnsons dying and cleaning works which occupied the rest of wasteland in which the building now sits. I can’t find when it was built but it looks 1950s. The origins of the drycleaning business go back to 1817 when Johnson Brothers started in business in Liverpool as silk dyers. In 1920 they joined forces with two other drycleaning companies, and "Johnsons the Cleaners" (now Johnson Cleaners) was born. The firm left its Bootle HQ for new premises in Prescot in 2007. Plans were approved at that time for the conversion of the building to apartments and retail premises but nothing has happened and it was eventually completely boarded up a few years ago. Pictures are ordered from the ground floor up.

Explore: I originally had a look at this site back when I started exploring, 3 years later and it had changed very little. the site is only a fraction of what it was and it looks to stay this way for some time. The building is largely empty and dull but the view from the roof is what makes up for it. Great views of the surrounding area.
DSC_0062_4.png

DSC_0183.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0081_5.png

DSC_0072_5.png

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0185.jpg