real time web analytics
Law on trespassing on Phone masts/Radio towers | General Exploring Chat Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Law on trespassing on Phone masts/Radio towers

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bryan1993

28DL Member
28DL Member
What is the law on climbing a phone mast ? Iv done lots of googling but found nothing concrete.

They are putting cameras on masts now days with automated messages coming on over a tanoy/speaker and automatically calling the police.

If I were to get caught what would happen to me ?

ash47

professional crayon eater
28DL Full Member
I'd be less worried about getting caught and more worried about the potential risk of life changing radiation damage and/or death.

I personally wouldn't mess around near anything like that unless I was 101% sure it was disused/deactivated.

Stumpy_UX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'd be less worried about getting caught and more worried about the potential risk of life changing radiation damage and/or death.

I personally wouldn't mess around near anything like that unless I was 101% sure it was disused/deactivated.

Thanks for sharing that old post. I’ve had my eye on a few tall masts in my local area. Don’t think I’ll be trying them now I know the risks.

ash47

professional crayon eater
28DL Full Member
Thanks for sharing that old post. I’ve had my eye on a few tall masts in my local area. Don’t think I’ll be trying them now I know the risks.
All good man, no judgement from me. I had no idea the severity of it until the comments of a random mast climb on youtube a while ago lol

Bryan1993

28DL Member
28DL Member
I’m talking about the law, not the radiation. I know what is safe to climb and what isn’t. What is the law on trespassing on phone masts ?

wormster

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Useful information here:

It’s me mostly HSE regulations but just on a skim read section 7 covers what the OP is looking for. Although until someone gets busted half way up a mast and it goes to court I suspect that beyond HSE regs, it’s the old trespassing shizzle and it would be up to either the operator or landowner bringing charges. Wait for a test case to get an answer.

Regardless of the legalities of doing such things and thinking “Yeah!! I know the risks” it’s not something I have a burning desire to do, as I don’t fancy being cooked like a turkey ina microwave oven!! although if Penn Hill mast in Somerset were to be turned off, then “All bets are off!”

Last edited: