real time web analytics
Report - - Leybourne Grange Colony - 21/03/10 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Leybourne Grange Colony - 21/03/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

badwabbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Leybourne Grange Colony - 21/03/10 (PIC HEAVY)

Indeed - I plan to go again to explore the other half of the site and tackle the few things I didn't have time to explore fully, and basically to document the state of play, what buildings are left and so on.

It's always interesting looking at peoples photos to see what's changed between visits - for example, the entrance to the clock tower in the pics above had been re-boarded over and I couldn't see an easy way in. I also see the Prof went up onto the roof of the manor house - I'm not quite sure I'd have the stones to do that because the manor house is in a *very* poor state - I went up and explored as far as floor 1.5 and the state of the wood floors were *not* giving me any confidence.

Fascinating though, all kinds of odd little staircases into tiny rooms, plenty of floor damage and dripping water - the basement was pretty sweet too, looks like the mould is claiming it big time - looks like an alien invasion manifesting itself in there.

The other interesting thing is the network of piping tunnels going through the whole estate - would have been a good escape plan for the long term patients, perhaps! ;)

Last edited:
B

bobby

I went to Leybourne Grange a couple of years ago, most it has been got at by nature and people trashing it but it is still interesting! I would like to get in the mansion! When I am back in my home town I will make a visit! The old cinema in Maidstone was also very good, I last went in ther 8 years ago and it was still intact, not sure about now though? Someone from Kent should check it out! I am currently exploring Bristol and Wales otherwise I would do it! Nice shots though:thumb

Asylum Raider

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

WOW! What a beautiful place.
Shouldn't really look at this site at work, far too distracting, plus i do not do your guys reports any justice flicking back to outlook as soon as someone walks past my desk.

Will revisit this report tonight :)

badwabbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

The old cinema in Maidstone was also very good, I last went in ther 8 years ago and it was still intact, not sure about now though?

From recent reports afaik it's been locked down pretty tight, and there is no access any more.

BeGood

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Good photos. I like the last one - I've been around the Grange and never saw that room.

B

bobby

From recent reports afaik it's been locked down pretty tight, and there is no access any more.

That is a shame it would have provided some good pictures and an interesting explore.

professor frink

Reppin Bumbaclaat
28DL Full Member

great report Frink..looks like a good place for a model shoot. Where you based by the way?

Hiya Gigi, I am based near Kingston (the one in Surrey not Jamaica):p

Leybourne Grange is only a short distance from M20 so at the right time it's a doddle to get to.

Beautiful colours in the villas, but loads of nails stick up from the floors due to missing wooden flooring so flip flops are a no no.

badwabbit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Indeed, those nails are nasty!

For a model shoot, I'd probably stick to the villas, or possibly the nurses block upper floors where there is plenty of light.

In front of the mansion has some nice possibilities (especially if you fancy photoshopping out the fence ;) , and I found some quite rewarding places at the back of the mansion house gardens, especially around sunset times. Possibly even the greenhouse, but be careful as most of the glass is intact and you wouldn't want anything falling on you.

Inside the mansion, at least downstairs, is pretty ropey and most of the mansion is dark. Up on the roof might have some possibilities too. There are still a few other hospital buildings left and are pretty much what you'd expect, but mostly boarded up.

The grounds are quite overgrown but there is plenty of naturalness, cool trees and stuff. The villa exteriors are pretty bland but you could probably get some nice stuff in the road that runs through the estate with dilapidated villas either side.

It's a big estate, so it's not like you'll run out of options ;)

Last edited: