real time web analytics
Report - - Markyate Water Tower, Luton, GB - April 2022 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Markyate Water Tower, Luton, GB - April 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

imshafted

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good evening 28DL,

Stumbled across this place entirely by accident, was hoping to hit up the disused care home next door (plus two houses) but there is a caravan on site with a fat bloke sat on a deck chair. You'd think he had better things to do of an Easter weekend.

Both the care home and the water tower are up for sale, for tower for approx. £400,000 if anyone has any spare change knocking around...

As this place is fast approaching some renovations, the fence surrounding it has been removed apart from one very small section near the road to at least keep up the appearances of being secure.

A few points to note:

1 - There are three ladders up the inside of this place, they are very very steep, the first is the longest followed by a short one then a medium one. Do not attempt if you've got issues with heights.

2 - The roof access door is very heavy, it goes beyond 90 degrees when opening to around 115 degrees (see photo), be careful as if it bangs the pipework it will echo all around.

3 - I did not drop down into the water compartment because A, I was on my own and B, my torch was playing up however, it was bone dry when I peaked in.

4 - If someone else is going to visit this, please go with a partner as I was on my own when I visited. - I feel it would be very sketchy to go into the water compartment alone.

Only took a couple of photos without me in them and they are not going on here, the views from the top are spectacular.

Please reply with your own photos.

Regards,

Imshafted

Last edited by a moderator:

Who has read this thread (Total: 174) View details