real time web analytics
Report - - Milton Green Highways Depot, Cheshire - June 2023 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Milton Green Highways Depot, Cheshire - June 2023

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Introduction
This is a place I have seen pop up a couple of times on here. I really liked the green decaying rooms so I wanted to take a look for myself. This was one of the first stop-off points for mine at @jakev50’s trip last month up Manchester and Liverpool way. Surprisingly, it turned out to be one of mine and Jake's favourite locations to date.

Information & History
There really isn’t much to be said about this place in terms of its history. I had a look online and a quick Google etc but couldn’t find much at all. There is a mention of the site on The National Archives dated 1937. The site has been derelict for over a decade and it’s escaped pretty much any form of vandalism/graffiti/sticker brigade and has some beautiful decay.

Google Earth satellite imagery from 1945 shows two prefabricated steel structures similar to the design of a Nissen hut, these are still present today and were the first buildings to be constructed on the site. The large warehouse was built at a later date and one part of the site was demolished just after its closure in 2011 and has since had houses built on that section. Plans to build 65 homes on the remaining part of the site were refused in 2013.

Looking at the old street view imagery, it looks like it was used for the storage and maintenance of council gritter trucks and various other council vehicles. A large maintenance warehouse-style building dominates the site, it also has some other smaller buildings including offices attached to the warehouse. There is an active ambulance station on site but is unrelated to the council site I believe. There’s also a nice old fuel pump and fuel tank on the grounds along with a few other miscellaneous buildings.

The Explore
This was a great way to kill a couple of hours and we both really enjoyed it, we parked right outside and accessed everything easily. The decay was fantastic and we were here a fair bit longer than expected. If you’re in the area, I’d highly recommend it! I feel like it’s one of those places that should not be that exciting but are actually really interesting and memorable.

Onto the photos - this report is pretty pic heavy so apologies in advance if it's a bit too much, but there were just so many great photo opportunities - it was bloody brilliant!

Starting with the main warehouse which dominates the site:

IMG_6800.jpg

IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6826-HDR.jpg

IMG_6565-HDR.jpg

IMG_6668-HDR.jpg

IMG_6572-HDR.jpg

IMG_6581-HDR.jpg

IMG_6656-HDR.jpg

IMG_6682.jpg

I always like seeing these old regulation posters.

IMG_6690.jpg

A few detail shots from in here:

IMG_6696.jpg

IMG_6697.jpg

IMG_6700.jpg

IMG_6713.jpg

IMG_6715.jpg

Moving on to the canteen and a little side room with another nice poster inside:

IMG_6659-HDR.jpg

IMG_6665-HDR.jpg

Moving on to my favourite part of the place, the mouldy office rooms and reception area. Cobwebs were everywhere in the corridors and the smell of mold wasn't pleasant, to say the least!

IMG_6635-HDR-3.jpg

IMG_6626-HDR.jpg

IMG_6641-HDR.jpg

IMG_6647-HDR.jpg

IMG_6653-HDR.jpg

IMG_6707.jpg

The old light fixtures were very much intact!

IMG_6709.jpg

Waiting area or perhaps a small old meeting room, there was a desk in here too:

IMG_6602-HDR.jpg

IMG_6614-HDR.jpg

IMG_6617-HDR.jpg

Some fantastic peel:

IMG_6599-HDR.jpg

Old school, probably a collector's item now!

IMG_6534.jpg

CONTINUED...

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Next up are the old corrugated buildings with other extensions, as mentioned before these are the oldest buildings on the site but they are still in pretty decent nick:

cor1.jpg

cor2.jpg

cor3.jpg

They are mostly empty but there are a few goodies left behind:

cor4.jpg

cor6.jpg

cor5.jpg

And the other one, in slightly worse condition. At first, I thought the writing on the walls was graffiti, but it was writing for storage purposes:

cor2 1.jpg

cor2 2.jpg

cor7.jpg

Love the wooden box for the fire extinguisher:

fire.jpg

The old pump and tank, slowly rusting away:

external1.jpg

external4.jpg

A couple of other miscellaneous buildings on the site:

amisc admin.jpg

aother1.jpg

And finishing off with a few more externals:

admin1.jpg

external2.jpg

external3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

JakeV50

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Awesome place. When you suggested going to a 'highways depot' I really wasn't expecting much, far better than expected tho. Surprised there was no grafitti and barely any vandalism too.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Great take on the place mate. It certainly looks an interesting wander and one I would visit. Pics are top notch.
Thanks mate, definetely worth a look when you next plan a trip up that way.

Lovely decay in those offices. Great shots
Thanks, it has some of the best decay I've seen.

Awesome place. When you suggested going to a 'highways depot' I really wasn't expecting much, far better than expected tho. Surprised there was no grafitti and barely any vandalism too.
Yeah really good wasn't it, and something a little different aswell which is nice. Yep good to see no graffiti and little vandalism.

Wastelandr

Goes where the Buddleia grows
Regular User
Really nice this is! The decay in that hallway with the reception sign and ferns is gorgeous. Very well shot as always, a reminder to me of the perks of using a tripod.

dansgas1000

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Really nice this is! The decay in that hallway with the reception sign and ferns is gorgeous. Very well shot as always, a reminder to me of the perks of using a tripod.
Thanks mate, that little reception bit is lovely ain't it! Always worth having a tripod for better shots.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely report. Great little features like the old draw and fire box. The decay and flora here is very photogenic. Beautiful images